any one know about Kelowna

Old Sep 5th 2005, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any one know about Kelowna

Cheers Bleech!! The person who started the thread trying to get Kelowna info probably wasn't too impressed.

*goes in search of left handed, non-american moustached cat owners with gun convictions to make Bleech feel more at ease*

Oggy
Old Sep 6th 2005, 1:01 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: any one know about Kelowna

Ahh back on track again.... cool!

Kelowna; absolutely stunning place! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful........however......

...from a business perspective....dreadful!

We visited Kelowna and the Okanagan 10 times and stayed for minimum of 1 month each time, so have spent a fair amount of time there. We just loved the scenery and the the people there. As holiday destinations go - I would go there in a shot! However to live and set up a business there, definitely not. The risk was too high for us I'm afraid. Very strange economy out there - almost fabricated in very plastic way. Loads of old folks and not a whole lot of new and exciting projects going on unless you class even more golf courses being built exciting!

The other issue for us with the Okanagan was the distance from any major city. Vancouver is at least 4 - 5 hours drive away and there is often the feeling of living in a goldfish bowl there.

Having said all that, if you were going to the Okanagan, had no family or friends in the UK who wanted to visit frequently and were not looking to set up a business or find employment, then it is a terrific place. I would never discount moving to the Okanagan at a later era in my life. If you do need to work then my advice is to RESEARCH fully and make sure that you have checked out the whole employment issue before you take the plunge and move your whole family out there.