Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any link to CIC Simplified Process processing manuals ?

Any link to CIC Simplified Process processing manuals ?

Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:17 am
Just Joined

i_prof is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Any link to CIC Simplified Process processing manuals ?

Greetings to all forum users !
I would like to say there are some very interesting topics you discuss here,
and would be pleased if anybody can help with answers for the following questions.

Introduction.
As most of you know, there is a publicly available Overseas Processing manual set at CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...s/op/index.asp . It is definitely a good source of information when you are in doubt about certain aspect in your application. However, since introduction of Simplified Process in 2006, there might be additional set of processing manuals in regards to simplified applications processing.

The questions.
My question #1 is, does anybody know where to find these manuals (if they exist and are publicly available) ? For the case the answer is "No", here is my question #2: is there any comprehensive source of information regarding simplified process ?

Big-big thanks in advance !
I.

PS Sorry for my grammar, English is not my mother tongue
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:44 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any link to CIC Simplified Process processing manuals ?

Although this Guide to the Simplified Application Process does not seem to be in as much detail as the others to which you provided a link, you may find that it meets your needs.

Oh yes, CIC's web page about the Simplified Application Process does have links to additional visa office instructions.

Hope that helps.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:59 am
Just Joined

i_prof is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Although this Guide to the Simplified Application Process does not seem to be in as much detail as the others to which you provided a link, you may find that it meets your needs.

Oh yes, CIC's web page about the Simplified Application Process does have links to additional visa office instructions.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Judy !

These forms and manuals are for applicants. I am familiar these documents, as I recently applied under Skilled Worker program.

What I look for are overseas processing manuals for CIC officers. Like the ones here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...s/op/index.asp , but with instructions regarding processing simplified applications.

Thanks !!!
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:57 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no difference in processing procedures as Simplified Application form is not really an application yet. You only bought yourself a spot in pre assessment queue, nothing more. Thus no need for any separate manual.

Once your case moves to the top of queue you'll simply receive a request to submit within 120 days all standard application forms (IMM0008gen, schedule 1, schedule 3, IMM5406 and whatever applies to your case) and all supporting documents. Once visa post receives full application package the processing will follow procedures already outlined in Immigration Manual for the class you applied under.

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Jul 25th 2007 at 12:00 pm.