Any legal brains out there?

Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

boyobyron is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Any legal brains out there?

Hi forum members.
I need some advice.
I have been living in the US for the last four years due to a professional (pharmaceuticals) secondment. We are originally from Wales (UK). This post has now been made permanent and my family and myself are in the process of applying for a green card to help with our residency status.
We own a property in Golden, BC and would love to begin the immigration process asap. My question is, how soon can we start applying? Do we have to wait to get the green card or can we apply for our skilled worker visas now?
Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Old Oct 16th 2007, 2:55 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any legal brains out there?

You want to live permanently in Canada or in US? If in Canada then you don't need GC - if in US then forget applying for Canadian PR. You cannot really have both - some do it by lying on both sides of the border, but it will always be short lived.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: Any legal brains out there?

Thanks Andrew.
Sooooo good to get a reply on this.
We want to Live in Canada ASAP and I know the current application times are about three years at present, so we want to start the process as soon as we can.
We (My wife and I) are both working in America at the moment and need these green cards to maintain the legal rights to work here. These applications are currently being processed and we were wondering if we could start the Canadian process now in order to save time and expedite the move to our house in BC, or do we have to wait to get the US green cards first before we can start our move?
Any ideas?
Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:59 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any legal brains out there?

Well prepared and presented application with 100% conclusive evidence proving all your credentials and claims, with convincing evidence of your good chances and abilities to succeed economically in Canada will take about 18 months or less in Buffalo. Of course there are plenty of poorly prepared cases that take 3 years or even longer to process.

Canada doesn't really care if you have Green Card application pending or not, although sometimes it may be a factor with some officers during landing process.

On the other hand if Green Card holder obtains PR status in another country Americans will deem it as abandonment of US residency. But if Canada is your choice then you don't need to care about it.

Email me directly please for free evaliuation to see what your chances and options may be.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:40 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Any legal brains out there?

Excellent news!!!
Looks like I have some work to do...
Thanks so much for the advice - we really have struggled to get a staight answer to this question before now.
Byron.