Any immigration officers here?

Old Dec 21st 2020, 11:45 pm
Rhe
Forum Regular

Rhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any immigration officers here?

I'm going through the Express Entry application process at the moment so note this is very much a layman's view but just based on my research (that I've done a lot of lately!), when you are applying for PR you are accepted based on a number of factors - having the relevant skills / experience / education for the NOC code you have selected and used in your application is a key part of that- in your case as a vet.

The NOC code has essentially a list of requirements for that role e.g. degree required and will list the duties so to apply for PR you need references and associated documents which show that you do meet the requirements for that NOC code. You can see the requirements for vets here: https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/Noc...WLVv9x9y3Is%3D

When you reach Canada and an immigration officer looks through your documents (and assumedly before you get to this point!) the immigration officer will be looking at the requirements for the NOC code - so I think your immigration consultant is just warning you that you are missing one of the requirements so there is a risk that you might get rejected because you don't meet the NOC description. If you imagine, an immigration officer is not going to know the requirements for every single job or even know who the CMVA are so they only have that NOC list of requirements to go from - kind of like if you were asked to review my role as a Construction Project Manager.

As an example - I've been a Construction Project Manager for 8 years but I'm actually considering choosing a different NOC code to that because the role is quite different in the UK so for me to prove I meet all the requirements would be very challenging even though I have the job title and the right qualifications / professional memberships etc. I know you're not doing the Express Entry route but there's some good resources explaining it better than me, I'm sure Just an opinion but, as it's the high school education requirement you're missing, and you have a job offer....I'm sure most people would consider you're OK but as any good consultant - they wouldn't put that in writing if there is a risk!
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

ArekDeBoss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rhe
I'm going through the Express Entry application process at the moment so note this is very much a layman's view but just based on my research (that I've done a lot of lately!), when you are applying for PR you are accepted based on a number of factors - having the relevant skills / experience / education for the NOC code you have selected and used in your application is a key part of that- in your case as a vet.

The NOC code has essentially a list of requirements for that role e.g. degree required and will list the duties so to apply for PR you need references and associated documents which show that you do meet the requirements for that NOC code. You can see the requirements for vets here: https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/Noc...WLVv9x9y3Is%3D

When you reach Canada and an immigration officer looks through your documents (and assumedly before you get to this point!) the immigration officer will be looking at the requirements for the NOC code - so I think your immigration consultant is just warning you that you are missing one of the requirements so there is a risk that you might get rejected because you don't meet the NOC description. If you imagine, an immigration officer is not going to know the requirements for every single job or even know who the CMVA are so they only have that NOC list of requirements to go from - kind of like if you were asked to review my role as a Construction Project Manager.

As an example - I've been a Construction Project Manager for 8 years but I'm actually considering choosing a different NOC code to that because the role is quite different in the UK so for me to prove I meet all the requirements would be very challenging even though I have the job title and the right qualifications / professional memberships etc. I know you're not doing the Express Entry route but there's some good resources explaining it better than me, I'm sure Just an opinion but, as it's the high school education requirement you're missing, and you have a job offer....I'm sure most people would consider you're OK but as any good consultant - they wouldn't put that in writing if there is a risk!
Thank you very much for your input. The difference is I have been approved by the highest Canadian veterinary authority. I have a job offer and I have all the required exams passed. At least all which I can sit from outside the Canadian. You might ask why can't he just provide those missing papers? The answer is hight school closed years ago. And all the required documents are in the possession of WES- an institution to confirm my credentials and in a possession of CVMA and I can not get them back.
I did not realize it's so much pointless bureaucracy. Feels like institutions in Canada just do not communicate nor respect each other, and we are forced to get over all the hurdles again and again.
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 12:02 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

I came in on a work visa back in 2007. Just because I had all the qualifications to do my and the future job, didn't mean I automatically got a work visa. The employer had to apply for it on the back of the LMO and so I waited for that approval and then obtained the Temp Work Visa at POE.

It's not a hard concept.
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

ArekDeBoss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tangram
I came in on a work visa back in 2007. Just because I had all the qualifications to do my and the future job, didn't mean I automatically got a work visa. The employer had to apply for it on the back of the LMO and so I waited for that approval and then obtained the Temp Work Visa at POE.

It's not a hard concept.
My question was more about " if an officer can deny work permit on the grounds of qualifications , if I have LMIA, job offer and external assessment done. And accepted by the governing body."
I understand requirements to obtain Canadian qualifications and I have passed all the exam etc
It was more about- is it possible to be declined entry because an officer thinks I don't have qualifications when qualifications have been officially approved before entry.
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 4:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ArekDeBoss
My question was more about " if an officer can deny work permit on the grounds of qualifications , if I have LMIA, job offer and external assessment done. And accepted by the governing body."
I understand requirements to obtain Canadian qualifications and I have passed all the exam etc
It was more about- is it possible to be declined entry because an officer thinks I don't have qualifications when qualifications have been officially approved before entry.
An immi officer can refuse you for any reason, they don't need grounds. Only citizens have the right of entry. A LOI will just mean you can go and knock on the door, but it'll be up to the immi officer on the day to decide whether or not to open the door and let you in, they can decide to say no even without a concrete reason for doing so.

So yes, you could be refused entry, but will you? Highly unlikely you'd be refused for lack of qualifications IMO, it wouldn't be something I'd be worrying about.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Dec 22nd 2020 at 4:22 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 4:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ArekDeBoss
I did not realize it's so much pointless bureaucracy. Feels like institutions in Canada just do not communicate nor respect each other, and we are forced to get over all the hurdles again and again.
Wait until you decide to apply for PR and have to go through it all again, and worse.