Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any idea about file transfer, please?

Any idea about file transfer, please?

Old Aug 25th 2004, 11:53 am
Just Joined

oakus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any idea about file transfer, please?

Dear Mr Miller,
I would appreciate your advice on my immigration application to the Buffalo.
After more than 12 months, I have recently received a letter from the Buffalo Consulate, informing me that my file has been transfered to the Canadian Consulate in NYC. Before I have only been conatced for an update of my information, and there was no mention of the medicals.
Do you have any idea why my file has been transfered since the CIC and the Consulates website say nothing about such a situation?
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
Ozzie
Old Aug 25th 2004, 11:56 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any idea about file transfer, please?

It has been transferred to (1) unload backlog in Buffalo and more importantly to (2) schedule the interview in NY as Buffalo doesn't conduct interviews, it delegates them to one of 4 consulates in US. You must have received assessment notice earlier (with medical forms) advising you that interview is required and to do medicals once you receive interview date. If you haven't received assessment notice nor medical forms then notify Buffalo immediately.

Originally Posted by oakus
Dear Mr Miller,
I would appreciate your advice on my immigration application to the Buffalo.
After more than 12 months, I have recently received a letter from the Buffalo Consulate, informing me that my file has been transfered to the Canadian Consulate in NYC. Before I have only been conatced for an update of my information, and there was no mention of the medicals.
Do you have any idea why my file has been transfered since the CIC and the Consulates website say nothing about such a situation?
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
Ozzie
Old Aug 25th 2004, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

oakus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It has been transferred to (1) unload backlog in Buffalo and more importantly to (2) schedule the interview in NY as Buffalo doesn't conduct interviews, it delegates them to one of 4 consulates in US. You must have received assessment notice earlier (with medical forms) advising you that interview is required and to do medicals once you receive interview date. If you haven't received assessment notice nor medical forms then notify Buffalo immediately.
Mr Miller,
Thanks for your response. That is the strange part! I have not received the assessment letter nor the medicals yet. Buffalo says in the letter that they will not respond to any inquiries, and all future conatcs should be conducted with NYC Consulate.
Do you think I should contact NYC Consulate or Buffalo instead?
Thank you!
Old Aug 25th 2004, 12:19 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it is Buffalo that makes initial assessment and sends medical forms. If you want peace of mind then sent the same notification to both, Buffalo and NY.

Originally Posted by oakus
Mr Miller,
Thanks for your response. That is the strange part! I have not received the assessment letter nor the medicals yet. Buffalo says in the letter that they will not respond to any inquiries, and all future conatcs should be conducted with NYC Consulate.
Do you think I should contact NYC Consulate or Buffalo instead?
Thank you!