any help to save time????

Old Apr 25th 2010, 6:29 am
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 13
khangul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any help to save time????

HI
My brother wants to apply for Canada from Pakistan.

In CIC website, it says that any body from Pakistan applying under FSW, should send documents to London.

However, it does not clear that when some one will fill the form and will send to NS, canada, which visa office he has to mention for the proceeding of his application?

As, writting wrong visa office means getting application back and only wasting of time. Can any body please clearify it that do he has to write London office in the form or Islamabad and later, in 120 days letter, he will get it clear that where he has to send all documents. He has every thing ready and wants to apply before the new policy announced which is expected in May.

Thanks in advance for any help from any body.
khangul is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2010, 8:02 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
trumptons's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 58
trumptons will become famous soon enough
Default Re: any help to save time????

Hello,

It is my understanding that all applications are first approved by CIC in Nova Scotia. Your 120 day email will then tell you which office to submit documents to for further assessment.
trumptons is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2010, 8:29 am
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,533
lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any help to save time????

Hi
As it seems that your brother is applying under the Provincial Nominee Programme (PNP) He will have to seek approval from that Province first, he will then have to submit the application to London, as the PNP nomination will be sent from the Province to London and will then be put together for processing. There will be information about where to send the PNP application to on the Province's website.
That is my understanding
Hope this helps
Stef


g
Originally Posted by khangul
HI
My brother wants to apply for Canada from Pakistan.

In CIC website, it says that any body from Pakistan applying under FSW, should send documents to London.

However, it does not clear that when some one will fill the form and will send to NS, canada, which visa office he has to mention for the proceeding of his application?

As, writting wrong visa office means getting application back and only wasting of time. Can any body please clearify it that do he has to write London office in the form or Islamabad and later, in 120 days letter, he will get it clear that where he has to send all documents. He has every thing ready and wants to apply before the new policy announced which is expected in May.

Thanks in advance for any help from any body.
lins and Stef McLachlan is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2010, 12:25 pm
  #4  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,102
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any help to save time????

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
As it seems that your brother is applying under the Provincial Nominee Programme (PNP) He will have to seek approval from that Province first, he will then have to submit the application to London, as the PNP nomination will be sent from the Province to London and will then be put together for processing. There will be information about where to send the PNP application to on the Province's website.
That is my understanding
Hope this helps
Stef


g
Why do you think he's applying under PNP? I've obviously missed something!!

OP - I believe he'll have to put London as his visa processing office, as all FSW applications from Pakistan are now processed in London, but hopefully an expert will see this and confirm.

christmasoompa is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2010, 4:02 pm
  #5  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 13
khangul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any help to save time????

Thanks for your response

My brother is applying under FSW not under PNP.

We know that letter from NS will tell us in 120 days that where to send the application and all other documents.

However, the problem here that, when he has to sends his form to NS, he has to write in the form that which visa office he wants to process his application. Our worries only is if we write Islamabad, and if it is wrong, the application will come back. And if we write London and if it is wrong, then application will come back.

I called CIC office and ask from the person who attended the phone. The person who attend the phone was also confused and was not sure and advised me that I should send an email to CIC and they will tell us in detail. However, Sending email to CIC means waiting for minimum 28 days which is a long time to wait for.

I hope that some one will come up with a same experience and will advise us.
khangul is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2010, 5:09 pm
  #6  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any help to save time????

Hi

Originally Posted by khangul
Thanks for your response

My brother is applying under FSW not under PNP.

We know that letter from NS will tell us in 120 days that where to send the application and all other documents.

However, the problem here that, when he has to sends his form to NS, he has to write in the form that which visa office he wants to process his application. Our worries only is if we write Islamabad, and if it is wrong, the application will come back. And if we write London and if it is wrong, then application will come back.

I called CIC office and ask from the person who attended the phone. The person who attend the phone was also confused and was not sure and advised me that I should send an email to CIC and they will tell us in detail. However, Sending email to CIC means waiting for minimum 28 days which is a long time to wait for.

I hope that some one will come up with a same experience and will advise us.

As of 01/04/10 the visa office would be London for FSWs from Pakistan.
PMM is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2010, 10:23 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
kirbyking46's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 48
kirbyking46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any help to save time????

Originally Posted by khangul
Thanks for your response

My brother is applying under FSW not under PNP.

We know that letter from NS will tell us in 120 days that where to send the application and all other documents.

However, the problem here that, when he has to sends his form to NS, he has to write in the form that which visa office he wants to process his application. Our worries only is if we write Islamabad, and if it is wrong, the application will come back. And if we write London and if it is wrong, then application will come back.

I called CIC office and ask from the person who attended the phone. The person who attend the phone was also confused and was not sure and advised me that I should send an email to CIC and they will tell us in detail. However, Sending email to CIC means waiting for minimum 28 days which is a long time to wait for.

I hope that some one will come up with a same experience and will advise us.
The Visa office for Pakistan as from April 2010 is London, so he needs to put London down as the visa office for processing his application.
kirbyking46 is offline  
Old Apr 25th 2010, 10:31 pm
  #8  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 13
khangul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any help to save time????

Thanks for every body's help

We will go for London although it is still confusing. First, Person should be legally present in the country where he wants to process his application. Second, Passport cant be send out from Pakistan. Now, being proceeding of application in london, if some one get positive for visa, will he submit passport in Islamabad. Will the embassy transfer file from London to Islamabad once they decide about the result. Is it not wasting of time?

Too many questions and cant get answer from CIC website.

However, fingers are cross. Hope for the best and ready for the long path.
khangul is offline  
Old Apr 26th 2010, 6:24 am
  #9  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 34,102
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any help to save time????

Originally Posted by khangul
First, Person should be legally present in the country where he wants to process his application.
No, that's not required. Many people on here have applied from PR via London when they are in Canada.

Originally Posted by khangul
Second, Passport cant be send out from Pakistan. Now, being proceeding of application in london, if some one get positive for visa, will he submit passport in Islamabad.
No idea where he'll have to submit the passport to, although I'd guess Islamabad (as you say it'll illegal to post a passport from Pakistan), but they'll tell him that if he gets through the process.

The reason it's been changed to London is to save time, so no, it's not wasting it and your brothers application should be quicker now.

Just make sure he gets his application in asap before the list changes!!

Good luck.
christmasoompa is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.