Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any Fed Skill Worker waiting on reply?

Any Fed Skill Worker waiting on reply?

Old Nov 24th 2011, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Shaun_and_Em is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Fed Skill Worker waiting on reply?

Alcat,

Really hope that you get a response soon

All good things and all that... If there's one thing I've learnt on here it's that there is never a dead cert, people timelines are all over the place all of the time. We got twitchy but it came when we least expected it, hang in there I'm sure all will become apparent soon!!

We know exactly what you mean about the "but wardrobes?" or "buy car?" etc... it really is frustrating but as other people have mentioned some of the others on here must be saints by now, or maybe even lost their marbles... I would have!

Let us know how you get on
Emilie
Old Nov 24th 2011, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrisparr
I may have miss read this somewhere so take it with a pinch of salt.....

I heard there is a massive backlog of parent/grandparent applications and that they are not accepting any more for 2 years so they can concentrate of clearing the backlog.

Now I'm speculating here, but if some minister has declared clearing this backlog is a priority and has set targets for reducing said backlog (say monthly or quarterly), you can see other types of PR application being shoved to the back of the queue.

.... or it may not have an impact at all on other types of PR applications.

Haha. thanks for that Chris.. exactly what everyone with an application in at the moment wants to hear!

But true or not, its precisely the reason I cant relax as, as I said before, cic can move the goalposts whenever they want... and by the looks of it, take as long as they want!
Old Nov 25th 2011, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by alcat2010

Haha. thanks for that Chris.. exactly what everyone with an application in at the moment wants to hear!

But true or not, its precisely the reason I cant relax as, as I said before, cic can move the goalposts whenever they want... and by the looks of it, take as long as they want!
Sadly it's true.

It comes down to the fact that we have no God given right to PR in Canada, only the rights the Canadian government decide at any one point in time to give us. Those rights will be based on the economic needs of the country. Usually they are sensible and only change on recognised dates, or give notice (e.g. the republishing of "the list"), but they don't have to.

Every piece of information the CIC gives out should come with small print, no large print stating "* subject to change at any time".

Hope you hear something soon, keep us informed
Old Dec 1st 2011, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Just thought I'd give an update to all who'd like to know..

A package arrived thru the post yesterday marked with 'cic'..
After an initial rush of excitement my wife quickly pointed out "that will be our application"...

So in short, our app was sent back with a letter stating we had missed the cut-off/ noc category (3152) was full at time of sending in app.. (even tho it didn't show that on cic webpage)

Initially a bit gutted obviously, but at least we know now. Weve started to think about getting on with things I.e. not putting things off such as moving house etc..

We will apply again next year... but the saga continues