British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   any expert advise plz!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/any-expert-advise-plz-350137/)

rahulaustraliamein Jan 23rd 2006 7:07 am

any expert advise plz!!!

sir,
i have applied to australia and canada both. as i have two diplomas in two diffrent fields i have applied in both countries by diffrent education fields and experience....i want to know that if austalia DIMIA or any other agency of asutralia or any agency of canada (CIC) cross checks with each other to verify all credentials that a particular person has applied to any other country as well and he documented his certificates through passport no. or any internet based communication etc..?
plz reply so that i can manage and show documents to clarify them (both countries).

Andrew Miller Jan 23rd 2006 7:19 am

Re: any expert advise plz!!!

Why, oh why????

Why can't you just tell the truth in both applications????

You don't know how to tell the truth? Will you ever learn that there is a world where you don't need to lie or omit information?

Omission and misrepresentation in immigration application is an offence under Canadian IRPA. I don't know about Australia though, but Jeremy will surely help here.

Originally Posted by rahulaustraliamein
sir,
i have applied to australia and canada both. as i have two diplomas in two diffrent fields i have applied in both countries by diffrent education fields and experience....i want to know that if austalia DIMIA or any other agency of asutralia or any agency of canada (CIC) cross checks with each other to verify all credentials that a particular person has applied to any other country as well and he documented his certificates through passport no. or any internet based communication etc..?
plz reply so that i can manage and show documents to clarify them (both countries).

Phaedrus Jan 23rd 2006 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by rahulaustraliamein
sir,

Well, even if you applied for immigration in both Australia and Canada, I don't see why you cannot put ALL your educational qualifications and experience on you application. Even if you have two different qualifications/experience (as you claim), how does it matter if you put both of them on your application. Having more than one diploma or experience in multiple fields does not (should not) make your case weak. I am sure a lot of people in this forum would like to know what prompted you to apply the way you did. If you fudged your experience to match a particular profile, you are in trouble already.

Don't want to be judging... just my 2 cents.

amirshahram Jan 23rd 2006 7:54 pm

update all canadian forms and add both work experiences&diplomas and maybe the same for australia(but before doing ask an expert mr jim or andrew).

you can also wait and if they find any problem then you will be given an interview and try to explain &justify them clearly.
also as andrew told ,missing info is not good as may create some questions in the application.
applying in the same time for two country ,canada&australia,
is a very genuine thought!!your chance will be increased very much(if 80%for canada and australia separately then 96%for both of them!!!!i wanted to do that before for myself but ...)
also as in the application form is mentioned,you have given canadian authorities on your behalf the right for asking any inf about you from any country about you(the sameway that you can request caipsnotes!)and it`s possible that they share their information but not certainly.
that`s my idea and before doing anything based on my comment please ask an expert
good luck