Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any ex-forces-how did you prove contract of employment

Wikiposts

Any ex-forces-how did you prove contract of employment

Old Oct 19th 2010, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Location: unfortunately Edinburgh, but dreaming of a better life.
woz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant future
Default Any ex-forces-how did you prove contract of employment

We are in the process of gathering together all info for 120 day letter and as other half is still currently serving in Army we were wondering how we go about providing a contract of employment/ proof of terms and conditions. We've managed to get references from several of his ex-bosses but were wondering what other people may have provided. Any info would be really useful.

thanks

Woz.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any ex-forces-how did you prove contract of employment

just the ten years worth of pay statements and a couple of recent ACRs. not much doubt there about who you've been working for, really...
Old Oct 19th 2010, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Any ex-forces-how did you prove contract of employment

Originally Posted by woz718
We are in the process of gathering together all info for 120 day letter and as other half is still currently serving in Army we were wondering how we go about providing a contract of employment/ proof of terms and conditions. We've managed to get references from several of his ex-bosses but were wondering what other people may have provided. Any info would be really useful.

thanks

Woz.
I knocked up a headed letter for my boss to sign (he's a Major), saying that I'd been employed in the army since 1988 and including a table showing all my previous postings. He signed it and I stapled his business card to it along with a photocopy of my original T&Cs (yes, I still have it after all these years...lol). That was it....
Old Oct 20th 2010, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

qman8166 is on a distinguished road

Hi Woz, ( ex batus 2001 - 2003?)

I got my OC to write a letter saying Id been in the army for x amount of years with x amount to go, and just had it printed on headed paper etc so it look official, seemed to work for me.

Mick
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by qman8166
Hi Woz, ( ex batus 2001 - 2003?)

I got my OC to write a letter saying Id been in the army for x amount of years with x amount to go, and just had it printed on headed paper etc so it look official, seemed to work for me.

Mick
don't know if he was, but we were...
Old Oct 20th 2010, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

woz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant futurewoz718 has a brilliant future

Cheers guys, that helps. Mick, you've got me guessing now as to who you are? I was in Batus from '99-'02 as Redtops SNCO.

Were any problems thrown up through the process regarding military certificates/documentation?

Regards

Woz.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mick C? You break your ankle on the ice?

or Mick M? (not that one, as you appear to be a- literate and b- not worried about cirrhosis of the liver affecting your application)

<desperately hopes you aren't that Mick>
<has to change username>

Last edited by debbiem; Oct 20th 2010 at 2:49 pm. Reason: had another thought...
Old Oct 20th 2010, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Black or orange?
<ponders>
Old Oct 20th 2010, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

<ponders some more>
woz - your missus' name begin with H?

probably not - wild guess...

Last edited by debbiem; Oct 20th 2010 at 2:51 pm. Reason: dithering
Old Oct 20th 2010, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Debbie,

Im the ankle break one of Black oilers fame.............well spotted...
now ur turn, gimme a clue
Old Oct 21st 2010, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by qman8166
Hey Debbie,

Im the ankle break one of Black oilers fame.............well spotted...
now ur turn, gimme a clue
the other half sported 54 staples in his head a la frankenstein's monster... but it wasn't a hockey injury. some people will do anything for a few week's off work.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Debbie,

Was this an accident on the prairie and did you live on Edgewood?
Old Oct 21st 2010, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi Debbie

I guessed earlier this morning.......... hmmmm debbie m? knows I was Wksp, knew I broke ankle playing hockey....... M?............. ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sussed it.

How are you guys? I heard other half is back again but one rung up?
Im moving to Calgary this weekend for new job, family following in January.

Mick
Old Oct 21st 2010, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Woz, ........ flyers by any chance?
Old Oct 21st 2010, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Yup, that's the one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.