Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any Aussies on here who have applied via simplified skilled worker lately?.....

Any Aussies on here who have applied via simplified skilled worker lately?.....

Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Location: Previously Sydney, Australia... now Oakville, Canada...love it!
Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all
Default Any Aussies on here who have applied via simplified skilled worker lately?.....

We applied Sep 06 through Sydney consulate and were given a timeline of 24 months. Has anyone applied since and been given a different timeline?
Old Jun 8th 2007, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all
Default Re: Any Aussies on here who have applied via simplified skilled worker lately?.....

try an aussie expat site........probably very few here
Old Jun 8th 2007, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Ginger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to allGinger3710 is a name known to all
Default Re: Any Aussies on here who have applied via simplified skilled worker lately?.....

Originally Posted by PaulCall
try an aussie expat site........probably very few here
I don't believe there is an aussie site...unless you know of one....I've done a lot of googling....that's why some of us visit this site. Sometimes there are a few lurking Aussies...just taking my chances that someone may reply. Thanks.
Old Jun 8th 2007, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

good luck in your quest ginger
Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

the big burp is on a distinguished road

i have started a thread for aussies on www.immigration.ca/discussion and there are quite a few timelines posted on the 1st page. People have started to get 36 mth timelines from sydney now and last time i herad theyre still processing feb 05 applications, which has taken about 6 mths now so things are really slowing down in aus. a guy on the forum above is a may 05 applicant and hasnt received anything yet.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the big burp
i have started a thread for aussies on www.immigration.ca/discussion and there are quite a few timelines posted on the 1st page. People have started to get 36 mth timelines from sydney now and last time i herad theyre still processing feb 05 applications, which has taken about 6 mths now so things are really slowing down in aus. a guy on the forum above is a may 05 applicant and hasnt received anything yet.
Ah, thanks big burp, will have a look.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 7:58 am
Just Joined

jencor is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I am new to this site, I am English living in Perth, my Husband is Australian, we have just sent off our application throught the sydney office using an agent in Quebec, they quoted us 18 months but when you look at the immigration website (cic) it doesnt look like many are approved in under 24 months, I haven't heard anything from them as yet. Where you want to move to? Where in Aus r u living?

Jencor
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

the big burp is on a distinguished road

at the sydney office you will get PR within 1 yr if you have an approvied full time job offer but otherwise you get put in the slllooowwww queue and its taking over 24 mths to get IA and then it generally takes about 6 mths after that to get the visa stamped, going by other ppls timelines from cic sydney.

u should get a letter from them about the application after a few weeks, im expecting it to say 36 mths but do let me know.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jencor
Hi there, I am new to this site, I am English living in Perth, my Husband is Australian, we have just sent off our application throught the sydney office using an agent in Quebec, they quoted us 18 months but when you look at the immigration website (cic) it doesnt look like many are approved in under 24 months, I haven't heard anything from them as yet. Where you want to move to? Where in Aus r u living?

Jencor
Hi jencor, who quoted you 18 months, the Quebec agent or CIC? Sounds like you haven't received your AOR letter yet... your timeline will be stated in that letter which you should receive soon, unless it was CIC who gave you the 18 mth timeline. We're heading to Toronto area and we're located in Sydney. We hand delivered our application so were given an AOR letter on the spot.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

aussymack is an unknown quantity at this point

gday ging, i applied in aug 06, ive got the 24 month letter havnt heard anything yet im currently in vancouver working

Originally Posted by Ginger3710
We applied Sep 06 through Sydney consulate and were given a timeline of 24 months. Has anyone applied since and been given a different timeline?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

the_smbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We are in NZ but applied in Feb 07 to the Sydney office and got the letter back saying 30 months wait. So we are getting busy trying to get a job in Ontario and hopefully can speed things up a bit.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:48 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, I am new to this site, I am English living in Perth, my Husband is Australian,
It might be worth obtaining your Australian citizenship before you leave.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aussymack
gday ging, i applied in aug 06, ive got the 24 month letter havnt heard anything yet im currently in vancouver working
Hi aussymack, sounds like you're on a WP...lucky thing! Have you requested your PR application to be expedited?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:18 am
Just Joined

aussymack is an unknown quantity at this point

no im on a working holiday visa- my second one - thats the advantage of bein a dual citizen (aus/nz)... currently on my nz one...
Originally Posted by Ginger3710
Hi aussymack, sounds like you're on a WP...lucky thing! Have you requested your PR application to be expedited?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:37 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Jencor
If you don't have arranged employment or didn't use PNP or Quebec Selection Certificate route then your agent lied to you big time...