Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Any Aussies applying Outside Canada

Wikiposts

Any Aussies applying Outside Canada

Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Timmo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Aussies applying Outside Canada

G'day!

Just wondering if there are any Aussies out there who have applied under the FC category Outside Canada and we could compare timelines......yeah yeah yea, each case is different blah blah blah...........

My timeline so far:

We received your application to sponsor on August 14, 2006.
We started processing your application on September 25, 2006.
We sent you a letter on September 25, 2006 about the decision on your application.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

the big burp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Aussies applying Outside Canada

there are quite a few on roadtocanada.com i think they were all processed within 6 mths...one i know was 3 mths!
good luck with the process...we can only hope things pick up for the skilled worker apps...

Originally Posted by Timmo
G'day!

Just wondering if there are any Aussies out there who have applied under the FC category Outside Canada and we could compare timelines......yeah yeah yea, each case is different blah blah blah...........

My timeline so far:

We received your application to sponsor on August 14, 2006.
We started processing your application on September 25, 2006.
We sent you a letter on September 25, 2006 about the decision on your application.
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Big Burp! I can only seem to find 'aussie's (Pete's) timeline of 98 days...noone elses. I'm quite excited about his timeline..... esp since it took him 1 month to get Sponsor Approval in that 98 days and it only took us 1 day!!! Of course his case has NOTHING to do with mine

I did speak to CHC Sydney and they said they will review mine within a month and current processing is 2-4 months!

So there's NO other Aussies on here doing an Outside App???? Guess that's good.....mine will be processed quicker
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

oh...i did a quick search and a few aussies seemed to be in canada applicants for the family class on roadtocanada.com...but i didnt really take too much notice since i originaly went on to find info about skilled worker apps. sorry.

anyway im sure your app. will be processed super fast! a person from immigration.ca just enquired the other day about his app since its been over a yr and theyre still processing nov 04 SW apps.

Thanks Big Burp! I can only seem to find 'aussie's (Pete's) timeline of 98 days...noone elses. I'm quite excited about his timeline..... esp since it took him 1 month to get Sponsor Approval in that 98 days and it only took us 1 day!!! Of course his case has NOTHING to do with mine

I did speak to CHC Sydney and they said they will review mine within a month and current processing is 2-4 months!

So there's NO other Aussies on here doing an Outside App???? Guess that's good.....mine will be processed quicker
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by the big burp
anyway im sure your app. will be processed super fast! a person from immigration.ca just enquired the other day about his app since its been over a yr and theyre still processing nov 04 SW apps.
Yeah I know!! I had a SW app in (Aug 05) but withdrew it because of the processing times. I wish I knew it was going to take so long when I 1st applied....should have done Common-Law from the get-go....I would have been living there for 7 months by now!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

HELL YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!

Sydney is working quick, for Family Class anyways.

I sent them an email 2 days ago asking if it was ok for me to enter Canada as a tourist then send back my passport when I received PPR. They said that was fine.

But the awesome news was they gave me an update on my file. They said my application had been "initially paperscreened and interview waived"!!! They then also said to send them an updated NZ Police Certificate and once they received that they said "your case will be ready to be finalized"!!

So I guess in a sense I have received my IA??

It's only been 28 days since CHC-Sydney received my application according to e-Case and 19 days according to my AOR letter!! (on the phone the nice Aussie lady said 2-4 months to file completion)

Good news for other FC Aussies eh?
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

hey timmo. i came across another person that applied for family class visa in may 06, heres the email i got from her - hope this helps u get an idea of things:

Have you received a letter to confirm they have received your application? I received this letter within 8 weeks of applying, then another letter three months later asking for my fingerprints so it sounds like they are processing mine. I actually applied in the first week of May 06, so a few weeks after you, so you should have definitely received a letter from them by now. Did you apply through the Sydney office, or within Canada? If it is within Canada, then it would probably take longer as the Canadian office is over-swamped with apps. I actually didn't have a job when I applied for application, that only happen in the last couple of weeks, so not having a job hasn't stopped them from processing my visa. The only other thing I can think of is that my husband is sponsoring me, so having a family sponsor you is different to applying for PR on your own. Maybe you should call up your processing office to see where your application is at?

HELL YEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!

Sydney is working quick, for Family Class anyways.

I sent them an email 2 days ago asking if it was ok for me to enter Canada as a tourist then send back my passport when I received PPR. They said that was fine.

But the awesome news was they gave me an update on my file. They said my application had been "initially paperscreened and interview waived"!!! They then also said to send them an updated NZ Police Certificate and once they received that they said "your case will be ready to be finalized"!!

So I guess in a sense I have received my IA??

It's only been 28 days since CHC-Sydney received my application according to e-Case and 19 days according to my AOR letter!! (on the phone the nice Aussie lady said 2-4 months to file completion)

Good news for other FC Aussies eh?