Any AOR of OCT 06 or near.

Old May 29th 2008, 9:51 am
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 341
kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default Any AOR of OCT 06 or near.

Im interested to know who has a AOR date of around OCT06 and how long do they think is left to wait before hearing anything.
Ive only just heard that AOR after SEP06 could wait longer, this was not good news after reading FEB06 people are getting update letters and me being me was thinking maybe I only have around 8-10 months to wait.
kevinm is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 10:52 am
  #2  
mclauchlan35
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Was Prestwick Ayrshire, now Canmore AB.
Posts: 999
mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any AOR of OCT 06 or near.

We are May 06 and we think we will be at least another 4 to 6 months before we get an update letter. It seemed to stop last year after sept/oct for a few months then pick up pace again at the beginning of this year, looking at the last month It seems to have slowed again.

O well guess we just wait and see
mclauchlan35 is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 11:13 am
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 341
kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any AOR of OCT 06 or near.

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
We are May 06 and we think we will be at least another 4 to 6 months before we get an update letter. It seemed to stop last year after sept/oct for a few months then pick up pace again at the beginning of this year, looking at the last month It seems to have slowed again.

O well guess we just wait and see
Thanks, I was prepared for the wait however when I saw Feb people getting responses I was thinking blimmey it may be quicker than I thought.
kevinm is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 11:23 am
  #4  
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,139
ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any AOR of OCT 06 or near.

Hi there,
I got my AOR in Dec 06, the letter stated a wait time of 45 months (before they pick up your file). So I assume there would be about another 28 months at least to go.
All this was, of course, before the recent proposed changes to the immigration system as a whole. Have you checked out the thread at the top (IRPA ammendments)? If you haven't, I would suggest you get a decent drink before you do.
ireland2canada is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 11:59 am
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
Tim Steer's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Baysville, On, Canada
Posts: 518
Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any AOR of OCT 06 or near.

Hi,
We applied in August 2006 with AOR September 2006..We are optimistically hopy we might here something around the end of the year. This may be being optimistic but hey ho..I do not know whether the amount of points you have makes any difference at all but we were up in the 80's and my wife is a pharmacist by trade which are in demand over there...Trouble is that she can't just transfer over there easily without a lot of retraining otherwise we would be progressing that route....
Tim Steer is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 12:02 pm
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
Tim Steer's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Baysville, On, Canada
Posts: 518
Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any AOR of OCT 06 or near.

Hi,
I just wanted to ask you a question if you don't mind..you applied in Septemeber 2006 but your AOR was not until December 2006..Was there any reason for that time..We applied through lawyers in Canada in August and our AOR was early September so I just wondered why yours may have taken longer?
Tim Steer is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 12:13 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
neekie's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Hants, UK
Posts: 134
neekie will become famous soon enoughneekie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any AOR of OCT 06 or near.

We applied August 06 and got AOR September 06 too and we didnt go through any lawyers. I thought exactly the same as kevinm and got all excited about us moving up the list but I dont think its as clear cut as that. I think we may have another year or two to wait and if we dont get jobs, even longer! Hoping to go out soon to find jobs because life is too damn short to be sitting around for the next four years or so to see if we get our visas. Seems to be the quickest route out there now.
neekie is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 12:16 pm
  #8  
C'mon already
 
kazbob's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: The Asylum
Posts: 841
kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any AOR of OCT 06 or near.

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Hi there,
I got my AOR in Dec 06, the letter stated a wait time of 45 months (before they pick up your file). So I assume there would be about another 28 months at least to go.
All this was, of course, before the recent proposed changes to the immigration system as a whole. Have you checked out the thread at the top (IRPA ammendments)? If you haven't, I would suggest you get a decent drink before you do.
We applied in Oct 06 and received AOR late Nov 06, were also told a wait time of 45 months. Were thinking (or more hoping against hope!) that maybe we would hear something about this time next year. Not holding our breath though!

Karen

Last edited by kazbob; May 29th 2008 at 12:23 pm.
kazbob is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 12:27 pm
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 341
kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any AOR of OCT 06 or near.

Originally Posted by neekie
We applied August 06 and got AOR September 06 too and we didnt go through any lawyers. I thought exactly the same as kevinm and got all excited about us moving up the list but I dont think its as clear cut as that. I think we may have another year or two to wait and if we dont get jobs, even longer! Hoping to go out soon to find jobs because life is too damn short to be sitting around for the next four years or so to see if we get our visas. Seems to be the quickest route out there now.
I agree neekie, this is what we may do. Though the jobs we do are not really in demand (I dont think anyway) MY wife is in financial services and we are looking to go to NS.
kevinm is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 12:40 pm
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
neekie's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Hants, UK
Posts: 134
neekie will become famous soon enoughneekie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any AOR of OCT 06 or near.

My OH's job is on the occupations under pressure list but do you think we can find any? They are obviously all in the 'hidden' job market. I heard that something daft like 90% of Canada's job market is hidden. Not sure how accurate that figure is but its one of those, "its not what you know but who you know," situations.
neekie is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 12:47 pm
  #11  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 341
kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any AOR of OCT 06 or near.

Originally Posted by neekie
My OH's job is on the occupations under pressure list but do you think we can find any? They are obviously all in the 'hidden' job market. I heard that something daft like 90% of Canada's job market is hidden. Not sure how accurate that figure is but its one of those, "its not what you know but who you know," situations.
Exactly wat I heard, I need to know how you get into those circles, we ar eplanning a trip for this time next year, so quite some time away yet but I ant to plan so we can get the most out of the trip.
kevinm is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 12:48 pm
  #12  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 341
kevinm will become famous soon enoughkevinm will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Any AOR of OCT 06 or near.

Originally Posted by kevinm
Exactly wat I heard, I need to know how you get into those circles, we ar eplanning a trip for this time next year, so quite some time away yet but I ant to plan so we can get the most out of the trip.
Sorry, looks like I cant spell, typing to quick
kevinm is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 1:24 pm
  #13  
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,139
ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any AOR of OCT 06 or near.

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Hi,
I just wanted to ask you a question if you don't mind..you applied in Septemeber 2006 but your AOR was not until December 2006..Was there any reason for that time..We applied through lawyers in Canada in August and our AOR was early September so I just wondered why yours may have taken longer?
Um do you mean me?!
I seem to remember at the time being told to expect AOR within 3 months, so I didn't think it was too bad!
I guess I could have been caught up in the influx of simplified applications because that kicked in in September didn't it. Or maybe the extra journey across the Irish Sea added a couple of days. Who knows, when you are faced with a wait of 45 months, what's the difference!
ireland2canada is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 2:42 pm
  #14  
BE Enthusiast
 
Tim Steer's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Baysville, On, Canada
Posts: 518
Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any AOR of OCT 06 or near.

Yep, sorry, I did mean you..I just wondered if there was any rhyme or reason to the difference in getting the AOR's..You mention the Irish sea...ours went in all the way from Toronto but maybe, like you say, there was an influx of simplified applications. I guess we still hold out hope all the time we see posts about feb and march 2006 applicants getting their letters through now but with all the proposed changes its just impossible to tell how that will knock on to the wait times
Tim Steer is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.