Any Advice On Posting Passports..

Old Nov 10th 2007, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Peter Lowestoft will become famous soon enough
Question Any Advice On Posting Passports..

Hi All,
As you can see by my signature, our PPR came today
Delivering by hand to the embassy at the moment is not an option..
Any advice on sending by post/courier will be gratefully received.
Living out at the end of nowhere (Lowestoft) Parcel Force seem to be the only couriers based local to me..
Pete

Last edited by Peter Lowestoft; Nov 10th 2007 at 4:23 pm.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 4:41 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Advice On Posting Passports..

Originally Posted by Peter Lowestoft
Hi All,
Living out at the end of nowhere (Lowestoft) Parcel Force seem to be the only couriers based local to me..
Pete
Don't use regular post.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 11:50 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter Lowestoft
Hi All,
Pete
Send by a delivery method that is traceable and signature required should give the most security. Courier or Post Office should be able to provide this service.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there,

If you have a Staples nearby they are now a service point for DHL. If you call in with your passports in an addressed envelope they can be sent by 'express delivery' (just tell them that the envelope contains documents). The delivery is not guaranteed to be within 24 hours but is stated as being 1 to 2 days.

These packages can be tracked so you can see online when they have been collected from the service point and when they have been signed for (even gives the name of the person who signed for them).

We used DHL during the recent postal strikes to send our passports to our immigration consultants and even at what was clearly a very busy time for them, they arrived within 24 hours.

John

Last edited by Beastie; Nov 11th 2007 at 10:22 am.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:11 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Royal Mail Special Delivery would be perfectly adequate for you if hand delivering is definitely not an option.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Royal Mail Special Delivery would be perfectly adequate for you if hand delivering is definitely not an option.
I agree with using RM special delivery.

Courier services are not infallible. One courier company, FEDEX sent a package with all our personal documents to the States instead of to us in Canada and on friday our passports and visas had been sent to us by courier, and they just left the package behind the screen door. So much for security!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks All....
Looks like to Post Office it is..Will send them off tomorrow...
All of a sudden it's becoming very real!!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Just wanted to say Congratulations on getting your PPR!

Won't be long now then. Before you know it you'll be on your way.

If you can't deliver by hand I'd go along with Special Delivery or some such. As long as it's trackable and signed for at the other end.

Good luck and all the best.

Old Nov 12th 2007, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

tom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nicetom17 is just really nice

I think i'll use a carrier pigeon when I get my PPR.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

We were in same situation a couple of weeks ago. We went to post office and bought special delivery envelopes and got the bigger size for the return envelope they ask for (smaller one is ok for posting off but they require bigger size for return).
We received them back within two weeks.....posted off on 17 Oct and recieved back on 1st Nov. This was more or less the same time limit as going down to London on Thurs 18th Oct to drop off then going back would of been 1st Nov. Cost was about £9.00 for the two envelopes, plus we were able to track on line that they were received. Train fare saving of nearly £300 all in all. Good luck......great feeling when post man brings them back, and with above they delivered by van not the regular post man.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NovaBoy
Just wanted to say Congratulations on getting your PPR!

Won't be long now then. Before you know it you'll be on your way.

If you can't deliver by hand I'd go along with Special Delivery or some such. As long as it's trackable and signed for at the other end.

Good luck and all the best.

Originally Posted by emmabell
We were in same situation a couple of weeks ago. We went to post office and bought special delivery envelopes and got the bigger size for the return envelope they ask for (smaller one is ok for posting off but they require bigger size for return).
We received them back within two weeks.....posted off on 17 Oct and recieved back on 1st Nov. This was more or less the same time limit as going down to London on Thurs 18th Oct to drop off then going back would of been 1st Nov. Cost was about £9.00 for the two envelopes, plus we were able to track on line that they were received. Train fare saving of nearly £300 all in all. Good luck......great feeling when post man brings them back, and with above they delivered by van not the regular post man.

Thanks All,
Its done now..
Royal Mail Special Delivery.. Fingers crossed..legs crossed..eyes crossed..