Any advice as to husbands SOWP

Old Aug 16th 2007, 6:25 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any advice as to husbands SOWP

Hi all
things are moving on the WP front and we plan to be in Vancouver for January. Can anyone advise us on a question: can my husband go over just as a visitor and find a house arrange furniture etc. and I travel over a few weeks later and collect my WP, his SOWP and my sons study permit and meet him there, or does he have to be with us to collect his permit himself. Will it be wrong for him to go over as a visitor ( and explain everything to immigration officer when he arrives of course, nothing underhand)and then get his WP and stay there on his temp WP(even if he just meets us at Vancouver when we arrive)
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Terese
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:05 am

Default Re: Any advice as to husbands SOWP

Originally Posted by terese677
Hi all
things are moving on the WP front and we plan to be in Vancouver for January. Can anyone advise us on a question: can my husband go over just as a visitor and find a house arrange furniture etc. and I travel over a few weeks later and collect my WP, his SOWP and my sons study permit and meet him there, or does he have to be with us to collect his permit himself. Will it be wrong for him to go over as a visitor ( and explain everything to immigration officer when he arrives of course, nothing underhand)and then get his WP and stay there on his temp WP(even if he just meets us at Vancouver when we arrive)
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Terese
Hi
hoping someone can give me advice
Terese
Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:43 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

He needs to be either with you at the port of entry and ask for his OWP on the back of your WP, or be there after you already have WP and present copy of it and all relevant documents to ask for his.

All of the above applies if you apply for WP at the port of entry. If you apply for WP through visa post then his OWP application and study permits applications for kids should be included with your application and all will receive approval notices. But again - husband can only get his OWP issued at the port of entry at the same time as you get yours or after you.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
He needs to be either with you at the port of entry and ask for his OWP on the back of your WP, or be there after you already have WP and present copy of it and all relevant documents to ask for his.

All of the above applies if you apply for WP at the port of entry. If you apply for WP through visa post then his OWP application and study permits applications for kids should be included with your application and all will receive approval notices. But again - husband can only get his OWP issued at the port of entry at the same time as you get yours or after you.
Thank you Andrew
That does clarify it for me, much appreciated
Terese