British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Another spousal sponsorship question!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/another-spousal-sponsorship-question-737450/)

merylbaz Oct 31st 2011 4:51 pm

Another spousal sponsorship question!!!!

Nearly got all the forms filled out, to sponsor my hubby, I am Canadian by birth, so my daughters are citizens,.
On the Document Checklist- Sponsor... Item 18 and 19
The letter from my employer and 12 months payslips, are these necessary, as my paltry PT wages would barely support a church mouse :lol:

Also on the Sponsor Evaluation, Q6b)... every other family member financially dependant on me, I guess it is obvious they are not, but just wanted to check, as it says EVERY other family member ( I am thinking should I put my daughters here)

Advice welcome :)

Cdnshaz Nov 1st 2011 1:00 am

Re: Another spousal sponsorship question!!!!

As a canadian sponsoring your spouse you do not need to provide financial reports, but if I remember correctly they do ask about your wages, I also worked p/t when I applied and it makes no difference. Rules must be a bit different as I didn't have to provide pay slips at all. Many women sponsor their spouses and dont make a penny, dont worry. Others dependant on you I don't think they mean children, I think they would mean any other family relatives...someone else will be along with better info....

merylbaz Nov 1st 2011 10:28 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply :)
Just hoping someone might answer my question about the letter from my employer as I don't want to ask unless absolutely necessary :fingerscrossed:

victorfoxtrot Nov 2nd 2011 2:37 am

From what I remember (I applied in August) we weren't required to supply pay slips, but there were questions about net income over a 12 month period etc. The letter from the employer was something I recall which was on the check list, so we supplied it and got my boyfriends HR dept to do it, stating what they ask in the checklist - position, how long he's worked there and salary I think.

I can understand that if you are in the UK and you tell your employer why you need the letter, that it might set off alarm bells for them. Can you come up with a fictitious reason for it perhaps? No where does it state that the letter has to be addressed to Canada Immigration, so maybe say something else - mortgage application perhaps? That would be plausible.

SchnookoLoly Nov 2nd 2011 12:44 pm

For the letter, first request it directly from your HR department, which should keep it separate from your direct boss. They probably won't ask questions (my company did not). The thing is, they often write these letters and give this information as people require it for mortgages, house leases, and all sorts of things, so just because you're asking for it doesn't automatically tip them off of your intentions, so if anyone asks just say you need it for a letting agency, but it's likely HR won't ask questions.

HTH!

caleo Nov 2nd 2011 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by merylbaz (Post 9709332)
Thanks for taking the time to reply :)
Just hoping someone might answer my question about the letter from my employer as I don't want to ask unless absolutely necessary :fingerscrossed:

We applied this time last year - hubby is canadian - he had the same concerns. We filled in the form stating salary and employer details, but we did not send a letter from his company at all. He was changing jobs at the time and working out his notice - so was an awkward time for employers to be contacted!

merylbaz Nov 2nd 2011 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly (Post 9710424)
For the letter, first request it directly from your HR department, which should keep it separate from your direct boss. They probably won't ask questions (my company did not). The thing is, they often write these letters and give this information as people require it for mortgages, house leases, and all sorts of things, so just because you're asking for it doesn't automatically tip them off of your intentions, so if anyone asks just say you need it for a letting agency, but it's likely HR won't ask questions.

HTH!

Wish we had a HR dept, just an office with a lady who will look questionly at me when I ask for the letter :rolleyes:, guess I will have to try and think of a reasonable explanation.
Thanks for all replies :)

caleo Nov 2nd 2011 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by merylbaz (Post 9711473)
Wish we had a HR dept, just an office with a lady who will look questionly at me when I ask for the letter :rolleyes:, guess I will have to try and think of a reasonable explanation.

I should have said - as far as we are aware, they never contacted HR......

SchnookoLoly Nov 3rd 2011 10:48 am

Originally Posted by merylbaz (Post 9711473)

Just say it's for a letting agency who has asked for the letter as proof of employment. Done. :thumbup: