Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Another quick question regarding documents checklist

Wikiposts

Another quick question regarding documents checklist

Old Dec 4th 2010, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all
Default Another quick question regarding documents checklist

Hi, it's me again!!

For this checklist: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf

For sections 6 & 8, do I need to provide copies of birth certificates, passports, etc for myself and the children too?

I am only sponsoring my husband so I'm sort of assuming it's only applicable to him.

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 4th 2010, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another quick question regarding documents checklist

Im sending mine! I figured if it was on the check list, I had better send them.
Old Dec 4th 2010, 8:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
Hi, it's me again!!

For sections 6 & 8, do I need to provide copies of birth certificates, passports, etc for myself and the children too?

I am only sponsoring my husband so I'm sort of assuming it's only applicable to him.

Thanks in advance!
Section 8 does say Passports or travel documents for you, your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children so I think you can safely say it's required for all of you.

And section 6 says for all family members.

Old Dec 4th 2010, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

OK thanks! I'll include them all then. I think our photocopier's gonna break down after all this!

My daughter's passport expires in March, but hopefully that'll be ok since she's not included on the PR Application.

The checklist also mentions copies of citizenship cards for canadian citizens, but we are in the process of applying for the kids proof. I guess they will figure out by my canadian birth certificate & passport that the kids are canadian citizens.

Thanks again!
Old Dec 4th 2010, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, it's me again!!

Thanks in advance!
We included all of ours, just to be on the safe side
Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really niceMrs-G is just really nice

OK thanks! I'll include them all then. I think our photocopier's gonna break down after all this!

My daughter's passport expires in March, but hopefully that'll be ok since she's not included on the PR Application.

The checklist also mentions copies of citizenship cards for canadian citizens, but we are in the process of applying for the kids proof. I guess they will figure out by my canadian birth certificate & passport that the kids are canadian citizens.

Thanks again!
I didn't have a copy of my citizenship card as I'd sent it to London to get changed to my married name. I did have the paper certificate in my maiden name so sent that (I'm not sure if everyone has that though - if born there, maybe not? )

As you said though, I'm sure passports and everything else are enough proof! Its a lot of stuff to pull together - all worth it in the end hopefully