Another question....TWP

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of
Default Another question....TWP

Hi again

Sorry about this but I have another question well 2 in fact!

I have everything here ready to send to London tomorrow as I said earlier..now one thing left to ask. I have filled out the IMM1295B for TWP made outside of Canada, I have my job offer, LMO paperwork, certificates, CV etc all in the package. My husband also filled out an IMM1295B as recommended so that he can apply for a Spousal Open Work Permit.

First question....as we have both filled out an independent IMM1295B do I still need to include him under Spouse to accompany me to Canada section as I am the applicant with a job offer or do I leave that section blank as he has included an independently completed form (both applications will go together).

Secondly, does my husband need to include his CV? I know I have to to prove I have work experience in the area I am going to be working in (I am an RN) but if he is applying for an Open Spousal TWP with no job offer is it necessary for him too?

BTW we seem to have got an answer from the CIC re: Police Certificates for a TWP, we only need one if we are asked for one and we can apply for TWP without. We are completing forms anyway just in case!

Thanks if anyone could help, we would appreciate it

Julie
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Another question....TWP

im in the same situation as you i have put oh on my application just to be on safe side hope you got your photos done and included them aswell just waiting for bank to send my bank draft then posting to cic in london good luck
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Rhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud ofRhodeys has much to be proud of

Thanks for your reply, it's good to know someone else is at the same stage and you're just up the M1 from us! We've pretty much done the same, sending one form with oh included as well as both separate with covering letter, unless someone can advise us differently. Photo's are all included but unsure as to whether to send oh's cv as well as mine. What have you done? Looked at another thread just posted re open work permit, wondering if to leave our question on their thread to see if they can help (don't want to get into trouble for hijacking thread though!)
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

i havent included other halves cv as its me who is applying hope this is the right thing to do well soon find out
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

where areyou sending your completed forms to is it this address
CANADIAN HIGH COMMISSION
IMMIGRATION HOUSE
38 GROSVENOR STREET
LONDON
W1K 4AA
thats the address i was given is that where you are sending yours
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Yep same addy you have, we have just sealed ours up ready to go!! Where are you heading to in Canada? We are off to Alberta...Bye Bye Mansfield!!!

Good Luck

Keep in touch if you want to..

Julie and Bill
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

im also alberta calgary cant seal mine up yet waiting for bank to send bankers draft then bye bye barnsley hello new life cant wait
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Hee hee...we are the same...Hellllo Alberta!! We were also going to Calgary but are now Red Deer bound. We went last September and loved it there. I was originally offered a job in Edmonton but it was too big a city for us, we loved Calgary and Red Deer. We hope all goes well for you....
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:09 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by redarmy990
i havent included other halves cv as its me who is applying hope this is the right thing to do well soon find out
You only need CV of the main applicant.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so much Alvic!! You have been a great help...we have been whittling about his so much!! Thank you Thank you
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Rhodeys
Thank you so much Alvic!! You have been a great help...we have been whittling about his so much!! Thank you Thank you
No problem - as you can see from my timeline - been there done that quite recently Hopefully you will get your PR expediated like we seem to have after our TWP.

Just to add that we just submitted a letter saying that I was applying for an Open Work Permit and I intended on doing a clerical job or casual work - I was terrified of getting sent for a medical otherwise - although thats only for healthcare or childcare work.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

We havent even looked at PR in truth Alvic...just trying to deal with TWP...My Health Region say they will sponser me for PR if we all get along and they are happy with my work so fingers crossed...its all a bit of a mine feild though, we read and read and get more confused at the best of times!! Especially re: police checks etc

Thanks again for taking the time to reply Alvic

Kind Regards
Julie
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:22 am

We havent even looked at PR in truth Alvic...just trying to deal with TWP...My Health Region say they will sponser me for PR if we all get along and they are happy with my work so fingers crossed...its all a bit of a mine feild though, we read and read and get more confused at the best of times!! Especially re: police checks etc

Thanks again for taking the time to reply Alvic

Kind Regards
Julie
We applied for PNP after TWP and nearly died last Saturday when we got the request from CHC for our updated info and our medicals. We thought this would be at least two years away and had been stressing that our WP would run out and have to be extended etc etc. It sort of threw us in a quandry as we leave two weeks from today. So we handed in new Police Check forms and the PSNI fast-tracked them for me and we got them back todayand our meds are booked in Regina for 26th Jan one week after we land.

It is a crazy process and to be very honest I would not have got through it if it hadn't of been for the help on here - so I am only too glad to give back a bit where I can.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

I feel so guilty cos I can't help many people, simply because I dont know the answers and yet have so much to ask! I am a bit confused about PNP and such...just thought we would do okay on TWP and DTHR sponser us for our PR.....I dont think I see the full picture now
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:39 am

I feel so guilty cos I can't help many people, simply because I dont know the answers and yet have so much to ask! I am a bit confused about PNP and such...just thought we would do okay on TWP and DTHR sponser us for our PR.....I dont think I see the full picture now
Don't know if you have discovered the WIKI yet at the top of the page but it is very useful and this link may help you somewhat.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...an_Immigration

I have also just noticed your thread thanking Judy for her help and I daresay if Judy is on the case you have been told EVERYTHING you could possibly ever need to know - she probably wrote the link I gave you - she is very very helpful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.