British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Another PRTD Question (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/another-prtd-question-943377/)

Astrotex Mar 28th 2022 11:21 pm

Another PRTD Question

Hi,

Our PR cards have been returned to the processing centre marked as 'undeliverable' for no reason I can find, and nobody can give me any assurances that they'll be here before we travel back to the UK. Therefore we'll need a PRTD. However we're only back for a week over the Easter weekend and for much of that time presumably the VAC will be closed. Is there any advice or work around that anyone can think of? I can't see a way to get this processed in time and I'm very anxious about leaving.

Thanks

christmasoompa Mar 29th 2022 8:44 am

Re: Another PRTD Question

Originally Posted by Astrotex (Post 13104406)
Hi,

Our PR cards have been returned to the processing centre marked as 'undeliverable' for no reason I can find, and nobody can give me any assurances that they'll be here before we travel back to the UK. Therefore we'll need a PRTD. However we're only back for a week over the Easter weekend and for much of that time presumably the VAC will be closed. Is there any advice or work around that anyone can think of? I can't see a way to get this processed in time and I'm very anxious about leaving.

Thanks

I'm sorry but I agree, that's really not feasible. I think you'll have to either postpone your trip or just chance it and hope you do get your PR cards before you leave. Or could you extend your trip so that you're in the UK for long enough to get the PRTD?

Astrotex Mar 29th 2022 12:12 pm

Thanks for your reply. I thought that would be the case. Incredibly frustrating, we know the cards were issued, we know they're sitting in the mail room in Sydney. But getting someone to post them is proving a bridge to far.
We planned such a short trip as my wife starts a new job after Easter so pushing it back isn't really an option unless we go much later in the year.
I guess we'll change our flights and go somewhere else for a week in Canada. The UK will have to wait. It does feel like a flawed process, but it took us 5 years so we won't be risking anything.

PMM Mar 29th 2022 6:34 pm

Hi

Originally Posted by Astrotex (Post 13104495)
Thanks for your reply. I thought that would be the case. Incredibly frustrating, we know the cards were issued, we know they're sitting in the mail room in Sydney. But getting someone to post them is proving a bridge to far.
We planned such a short trip as my wife starts a new job after Easter so pushing it back isn't really an option unless we go much later in the year.
I guess we'll change our flights and go somewhere else for a week in Canada. The UK will have to wait. It does feel like a flawed process, but it took us 5 years so we won't be risking anything.

1. Depends on where you live in Canada. You could return via the US. And then your COPR and Passport would allow you to enter at a "land" border.