Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Another 'Medical Examination' for what?

Another 'Medical Examination' for what?

Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Another 'Medical Examination' for what?

Originally Posted by joepublic
Just had the following response from my Case Specific email; can't say it's filled me with confidence bearing in mind it would have been the medical section making the request in the first place. I can see this turning into a nightmare...
Well we've had a bit of dialogue and might be getting somewhere:
CiC: We will advise our medical section that the results for Amber have been provided and request that they look into this.

When your own results are received they will be placed in a queue awaiting review.

There are no other outstanding items.

Me: Will I get any notification that the medical section has found Amber’s notes?

Our family medicals were signed for by EMMANUEL at your office on 11 Feb 2010, and you have since sent me follow-up test requests so they have definitely been received.

Does this mean that Amber’s results haven’t even been looked at yet?

CiC: Medical results for children comprise A4 sheets of paper only and can easily be overlooked. Our medical section will look into this and if they advise that they were not received along with the other results, we will advise you further.

Me: Thank you, perhaps this info might help - Amber has Asperger’s Syndrome and our DMP sent you copies of her Statement of Special Educational Needs, Educational Psychologist’s Report, Speech & Language Therapist’s report and Paediatrician’s Report included with her medical examination results.

I suspect that your medical section may have sent everything to Ottawa for review (I believe this is the process with conditions like hers) which is why it they can’t find it?

CiC: Such information would require detailed review and it is very likely that this is why the review has yet to be completed.

The situation is not that the information cannot be located, but rather that the results had not downloaded to your immigration file. The medical section have their own information system and completed medical reviews are downloaded from this system to the immigration one.

Time to go back to the 'hurry up and wait' stage for now

Old Jun 8th 2010, 1:58 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another 'Medical Examination' for what?

Your head must be spinning with frustration and confusion

Hope it gets resolved soon.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of

Oh, I so relate to your frustration Pete. You might remember that once we had sent in the additional information they requested for our son, that they then lost this and only informed us they were still waiting for the information about three months after we had sent it to them. It was only by sending a copy of the signed for number and signature that they "mysteriously" located it

I really hope you hear soon, I know how frustrating it is, especially when everyone else who had medicals around the same time have heard and relocated.

Hang in there
Old Jun 10th 2010, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Another 'Medical Examination' for what?

Well we've had a bit of dialogue and might be getting somewhere:
CiC: We will advise our medical section that the results for Amber have been provided and request that they look into this.

When your own results are received they will be placed in a queue awaiting review.

There are no other outstanding items.

Me: Will I get any notification that the medical section has found Amber’s notes?

Our family medicals were signed for by EMMANUEL at your office on 11 Feb 2010, and you have since sent me follow-up test requests so they have definitely been received.

Does this mean that Amber’s results haven’t even been looked at yet?

CiC: Medical results for children comprise A4 sheets of paper only and can easily be overlooked. Our medical section will look into this and if they advise that they were not received along with the other results, we will advise you further.

Me: Thank you, perhaps this info might help - Amber has Asperger’s Syndrome and our DMP sent you copies of her Statement of Special Educational Needs, Educational Psychologist’s Report, Speech & Language Therapist’s report and Paediatrician’s Report included with her medical examination results.

I suspect that your medical section may have sent everything to Ottawa for review (I believe this is the process with conditions like hers) which is why it they can’t find it?

CiC: Such information would require detailed review and it is very likely that this is why the review has yet to be completed.

The situation is not that the information cannot be located, but rather that the results had not downloaded to your immigration file. The medical section have their own information system and completed medical reviews are downloaded from this system to the immigration one.

Time to go back to the 'hurry up and wait' stage for now

So, my Mycobacterium Tuberculosis results came through today and surprise, surprise, I'm all clear (but we already knew that, didn't we ). The written report is with the DMP so CiC should have it next week.

I also got some feedback from the DMP explaining that they'd managed to contact a very apologetic CiC who'd admitted that an 'admin error' had occurred and they've now located Amber's med exam paperwork.

Just had an email from them too:

CiC: This is to confirm receipt of the medical results for Amber and also to confirm that they are in a queue awaiting detailed review.

Panic over (for now); at least we don't have to get Amber another medical and we can now go back to playing the ever present waiting game
Old Jun 10th 2010, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed they just get on with it now....wonder how long it will takethem to assess Amber?
lns
Old Jun 10th 2010, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Oh the unnecessary stress CHC put us through. At least they found it and you didnt had to get another medical.

Ray
Old Jun 11th 2010, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

So, my Mycobacterium Tuberculosis results came through today and surprise, surprise, I'm all clear (but we already knew that, didn't we ). The written report is with the DMP so CiC should have it next week.

I also got some feedback from the DMP explaining that they'd managed to contact a very apologetic CiC who'd admitted that an 'admin error' had occurred and they've now located Amber's med exam paperwork.

Just had an email from them too:

CiC: This is to confirm receipt of the medical results for Amber and also to confirm that they are in a queue awaiting detailed review.

Panic over (for now); at least we don't have to get Amber another medical and we can now go back to playing the ever present waiting game
Fantastic news I'm so pleased for you.

Binty
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Another 'Medical Examination' for what?

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
Fingers crossed they just get on with it now....wonder how long it will takethem to assess Amber?
lns
CHC received my follow-up results on 17 Jun and I also sent them an electronic copy via email with a note asking how long it might take to assess Amber etc. I mentioned that I'll basically be homeless and unemployed once my military service is finished and I'd planned on having PR and enrolling into the CF prior to this happening.

I had an email this morning:
Dear Sir/Madam,
This refers to your recent message.
Please be advised that a letter was sent to you today, regarding your application.
Yours Sincerely,
NXR
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commissariat du Canada
I guess my wife will be stalking the postie for the rest of the week. Let's hope it's some good news, however, I'd hazard a guess having read this that it might be a Procedural Fairness Letter?

Last edited by joepublic; Jun 23rd 2010 at 12:23 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:41 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Goodness CIC are so bloody annoying aren't they. Why can they not just tell you what the letter says, or attach a copy of it to the e-mail?

Fingers crossed it is a letter asking for your Passports instead of the one you think it might be.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Best wishes, hope it is good news and soon.

Ray
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 6:50 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope its good news when it come.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

CHC received my follow-up results on 17 Jun and I also sent them an electronic copy via email with a note asking how long it might take to assess Amber etc. I mentioned that I'll basically be homeless and unemployed once my military service is finished and I'd planned on having PR and enrolling into the CF prior to this happening.

I had an email this morning:
Dear Sir/Madam,
This refers to your recent message.
Please be advised that a letter was sent to you today, regarding your application.
Yours Sincerely,
NXR
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commissariat du Canada
I guess my wife will be stalking the postie for the rest of the week. Let's hope it's some good news, however, I'd hazard a guess having read this that it might be a Procedural Fairness Letter?
Have everything crossed for you JP. Reading the other threads on Aspergers, it seems so random on whether the kids are deemed excessive demand or not....despite, in my humble opinion, looking as though most need little or no support now or in the future!
Personally I think its a bit of a lottery.

All the very best, linsy
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

Thinking of you and Amber x
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

luvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud ofluvmykids has much to be proud of

Hope it's good news
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

JP,

for you.

Binty