Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Another landing question - 'Goods to follow'

Another landing question - 'Goods to follow'

Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

grumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nicegrumpyhaggis is just really nice
Default Another landing question - 'Goods to follow'

I've read the Wiki and can't find the answer to this. There are three of us who will be landing this summer (I hope!) - myself - principal applicant, my OH and my adult son. We are likely to be landing at different times. Do we each need a Goods accompanying' and 'Goods to follow' form, or does only the principal applicant need these?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:16 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another landing question - 'Goods to follow'

You would certainly need them if you intend to import anything either at landing or afterwards. That is true for all of you. Otherwise they are unnecessary. My wife did not declare anything.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Winston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really niceWinston Green is just really nice
Smile Re: Another landing question - 'Goods to follow'

Hello

I believe and I am sure I will be corrected if it is not correct that you provide the GTF list as the Principle applicant on your arrival. This list should include all the items that the three of you are intending to bring to Canada. It is a fairly general list and is used to prevent you importing illegal or items for profit.

As long as you list all the items you all intend to bring It does not have to all come into Canada at the same time or shipment.

Winston
Old Mar 28th 2008, 2:17 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Spouses can provide separate lists for both accompanying and to follow items.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Spouses can provide separate lists for both accompanying and to follow items.
We did that (one returning citizen, one new PR) and yet when it came to going down to the customs office after the container arrived to clear it, the officer was adamant (but pleasant about it!) that he could only take 1 list per shipment/family unit.

Luckily mine was complete (the removal inventory) and so contained everything that was on the OH's one from when he landed 3mths earlier.