another landing question!

Old Jun 19th 2008, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

lee75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default another landing question!

hi, i was wondering if anyone can help. i collected my PR visa from london today it came through a little faster than we thought and i am planning to land and the end of July. As exciting as this is i have a small problem. my wife is canadian and we have applied for my childrens proof of citizenship but until we recieve this we can't apply for their canadian passports. Can anyone see a problem with me landing as a PR for 2 weeks then come back to sell up with my family flying on UK passports. When we move over permenently they will have Canadian passports....
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:08 am
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all
Default Re: another landing question!

Loads of people land and return its not a problem - theres loads of info out there

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_...ada.22_mean.3F
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Summer1978 is a jewel in the roughSummer1978 is a jewel in the roughSummer1978 is a jewel in the roughSummer1978 is a jewel in the roughSummer1978 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lee75
hi, i was wondering if anyone can help. i collected my PR visa from london today it came through a little faster than we thought and i am planning to land and the end of July. As exciting as this is i have a small problem. my wife is canadian and we have applied for my childrens proof of citizenship but until we recieve this we can't apply for their canadian passports. Can anyone see a problem with me landing as a PR for 2 weeks then come back to sell up with my family flying on UK passports. When we move over permenently they will have Canadian passports....
Hi Lee. My husband and I are in the same situation. He's British, I'm Canada and our daughter has dual citizenship. We are also waiting for her citizenship certificate BUT we already have a Canadian passport for her. You should have applied for your children's passport when you applied for their citizenship cert. They will then issue a 1 year limited validity passport. I would contact CHC and ask them about it. You may still be able to get passports for your children before you leave.

Good luck!
Old Jun 20th 2008, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

lee75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Summer1978
Hi Lee. My husband and I are in the same situation. He's British, I'm Canada and our daughter has dual citizenship. We are also waiting for her citizenship certificate BUT we already have a Canadian passport for her. You should have applied for your children's passport when you applied for their citizenship cert. They will then issue a 1 year limited validity passport. I would contact CHC and ask them about it. You may still be able to get passports for your children before you leave.

Good luck!
hi summer, thanks for the reply and i will certainly try to call CHC immediately as it would be a huge relief not to worry about it. If i can't get them hopefully it will still be ok for them to go as visitors this time and we have receipts to show we've applied for citizenship...thanks again.....