Another immigration question?

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 12:19 am
Just Joined

Gooman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another immigration question?

Me and my common law partner want to immigrate to Canada as many others, but we wonna go now (or very soon) we dont wonna wait 1-4 years.
So what if we go there for holiday (6 month) we have plenty of money to stay there for 6 - 12 month without working. So let say we go there for 6 month and start looking for a job (skilled worker job) and we find one and then apply for at work visa? Will that speed things up or do we still have to wait 1-4 years?

Hope you understand my question?

Thanx
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:57 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another immigration question?

Originally Posted by Gooman
Me and my common law partner want to immigrate to Canada as many others, but we wonna go now (or very soon) we dont wonna wait 1-4 years.
So what if we go there for holiday (6 month) we have plenty of money to stay there for 6 - 12 month without working. So let say we go there for 6 month and start looking for a job (skilled worker job) and we find one and then apply for at work visa? Will that speed things up or do we still have to wait 1-4 years?

Thanx
You are just looking at big problems with little chance of success if you follow your plan.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Okay... why? i aint doing anything wrong am i? I'm on holiday and then i "accidentally" find a job that require my skills. I'm not talking about working without a permission, just wonna do it by the book except i'm in Canada instead of Denmark.
I didnt say i was going to do it that way, it was just a question to speed up the working visa.
I wonna do it all legal ofcourse.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 5:04 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, when you travel to Canada as a visitor somewhere the small print will say you are not permitted to work or seek work, and/or you will be asked by admitting immigration officer your intentions or be told you cannot work/seek work.

Whatever you do by accident could mean deportation, black mark in passport, or risk complete ban on re entry. Even job interview could be construed as seeking work.

Maybe you want that. Maybe not.

Your call.

What you could do is spend time networking, meeting people and getting a feel for things, but many prospective employers will not even speak to you if you have no work permit or SIN number.

Rich.

Okay... why? i aint doing anything wrong am i? I'm on holiday and then i "accidentally" find a job that require my skills. I'm not talking about working without a permission, just wonna do it by the book except i'm in Canada instead of Denmark.
I didnt say i was going to do it that way, it was just a question to speed up the working visa.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 5:04 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

First - you would have to apply for work permit through proper visa post outside Canada. And of course you need HRSDC validated job offer.

Second - it won't speed up your PR process.

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Okay, thanks alot guys. Its not my intention to do anything illegal at all!
I wonna do everything the right way.
I have a couple of more questions for you guys if you still wonna help?

My common law partner have 6 different cousins in Canada, does that count for family?

One of the cousins have there own small business, and really wonna hire us to look after the company, when the are not there. They have had some bad experience with workers stealing from them when they are not arround, and they know they can thrust us because we are family. Its not a skilled worker job. Do that count at all, when its not a skilled worker job? maybe just a little bit?

About money. Will it make it more easyer the more money you got? Lets say we apply for the skilled worker visa and we dont have a skilled worker job when we apply, but have enough money to take care of our self for a year or so? We have about 60.000 CA $ and if we sell our appartment we have about 100.000 CA$?

Thanks alot for your help guys, its really a jungle.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 7:04 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Cousins don't count for enything.

Job offer in non-skilled occupation won't count either.

Money? No, it won't make any serious difference.

Okay, thanks alot guys. Its not my intention to do anything illegal at all!
I wonna do everything the right way.
I have a couple of more questions for you guys if you still wonna help?

My common law partner have 6 different cousins in Canada, does that count for family?

One of the cousins have there own small business, and really wonna hire us to look after the company, when the are not there. They have had some bad experience with workers stealing from them when they are not arround, and they know they can thrust us because we are family. Its not a skilled worker job. Do that count at all, when its not a skilled worker job? maybe just a little bit?

About money. Will it make it more easyer the more money you got? Lets say we apply for the skilled worker visa and we dont have a skilled worker job when we apply, but have enough money to take care of our self for a year or so? We have about 60.000 CA $ and if we sell our appartment we have about 100.000 CA$?

Thanks alot for your help guys, its really a jungle.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys for all your help, it's been really nice of you to help me out.
I guess there is no middle way...

Thanks again
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 7:53 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Thanx
Hold on a minute here,

I am not an expert but may I be missing something here. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

As far as I understand Gooman can come to Canada as a vistor for 6 months and go back home after that time.

During this visit he can contact potential employers and have interviews with headhunters....

If in the process he finds a Employer that is willing to hire him and can proove to HRDC that he cannot find a canadian qualified for that job and this Job is approved by HRDC then Gooman can go back to his home country for the couple weeks it takes to apply for a temporary work permit. As soon as he gets the temp WP he can come back to Canada and then start his PR process.

He could also start his PR process before he goes on his 6mo vacation allthough there is a slight risk that may be interpreted as dual intent when he is applying for temp. WP

Risks involved are:

It is very difficult to find a job under these restrictions and Gooman has a high risk of having to return home after 6 months with nothing.
If Gooman finds a Job like that he will be totally dependant on that employer. meaning if he gets fired he must leave the country.

Gooman I know that is really tough, but not impossible I have heard of some people, who have done similar.

my 2 cents, please someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Gooman,

Try and be reasonable. First you cannot convert your touruist visa into a job permit in any country. You have to go through proper channel. On a tourist visa you are not allowed to work I hope that you already know this. Next, even if you get a job you will need a work permit that will take somet time before you can actually start to work. This will be processed in the country of your nationality. Eventhough you have by passing the system it will not work. The law makers are much more intelligent that us. That will definately create more problems than, facilitate you in your quest for the canadian immigration. It is better that you search a job and apply from your country and come to Canada.

Cheers and good luck gooman..
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bhalerao
Gooman,

Try and be reasonable. First you cannot convert your touruist visa into a job permit in any country. You have to go through proper channel. On a tourist visa you are not allowed to work I hope that you already know this. Next, even if you get a job you will need a work permit that will take somet time before you can actually start to work. This will be processed in the country of your nationality. Eventhough you have by passing the system it will not work. The law makers are much more intelligent that us. That will definately create more problems than, facilitate you in your quest for the canadian immigration. It is better that you search a job and apply from your country and come to Canada.

Cheers and good luck gooman..

That wasnt my question! I didnt write anything about turning my tourist visa into a job permit! I asked if i could go to Canada on a tourist visa, then look for a job and if i get one, then apply for a visa. I didnt write anything about working on a tourist visa! Ofcourse i know i'm not allowed to work illegal on a tourist visa. My point was just if i could save some time applying for a visa when i'm allready in the country and have a job.
Thats all...
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:50 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

That wasnt my question! I didnt write anything about turning my tourist visa into a job permit! I asked if i could go to Canada on a tourist visa, then look for a job and if i get one, then apply for a visa. I didnt write anything about working on a tourist visa! Ofcourse i know i'm not allowed to work illegal on a tourist visa. My point was just if i could save some time applying for a visa when i'm allready in the country and have a job.
Thats all...
Actually, your question was based upon your idea that a relative could offer youa job that would lead to a work permit and permit you to stay in Canada while your PR application was processed. That is a poor plan because it has so little chance of success.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Actually, your question was based upon your idea that a relative could offer youa job that would lead to a work permit and permit you to stay in Canada while your PR application was processed. That is a poor plan because it has so little chance of success.
Okay maybe i didnt explain myself good enough or maybe i just lost track,
About the relativ job offer: The plan was not to go to Canada for holiday and work for our cousin and then apply for a work visa. The plan was to stay here in Denmark apply for a work visa like everyone else, tell the immigration office that we have enough money and we have a non skilled job waiting for us, just to tell the immigration office that we can take care of our self. Then wait for our visa to go through while staying in Denmark going on with our normal life, and when we finally get our work visa, then go to Canada work for our cousins company while looking for a skilled work. The "cousin" job was just to make some money until we get a "real" job.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 12:18 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Okay maybe i didnt explain myself good enough or maybe i just lost track,
About the relativ job offer: The plan was not to go to Canada for holiday and work for our cousin and then apply for a work visa. The plan was to stay here in Denmark apply for a work visa like everyone else, tell the immigration office that we have enough money and we have a non skilled job waiting for us, just to tell the immigration office that we can take care of our self. Then wait for our visa to go through while staying in Denmark going on with our normal life, and when we finally get our work visa, then go to Canada work for our cousins company while looking for a skilled work. The "cousin" job was just to make some money until we get a "real" job.
Hey Gooman,

Take another look at my original post in this thread. I think that is your only opportunity if you want to try and fast track. Otherwise you will have to wait until the PR process comes through.
As for the temp WP you will only get it for a skilled job with no canadian available, so it would be virtually impossible for you to work for your cousin before you get PR.

Dont be discouraged by the complexity of the issue and the posts, everyone here is trying to help, but one missing or misunderstood fragment of information may garble the info you are getting. Hang in there, and dont hesitate to post if you have more questions.

Good luck