Another IELTS question

Old Jul 7th 2008, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light
Default Another IELTS question

Has anybody used this and how good was it?

Official IELTS Practice Materials 2003 (updated January 2005)

My wife is preparing for IELTS General and wants a book to study for it (has some online materials, but prefers a book with practice tests and answers).

I do not seem to find this official book in Amazon.com or in the local bookstores. Does anybody know where I can buy this book other than ordering it from the UK or Australia (I live in the US)?

If somebody has it and wants to sell it, please let me know.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: Another IELTS question

For test and answers i had used:

Cambridge IELTS Student Book with Answers By University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate :- Vanessa Jakeman, Clare McDowell. it may also be called self study books

There is about 4 or 5 books of the above and comes with a Cassette or CD.

If i remember right: Each book contains 4 acadamic tests and a general test.

if u search the internet u are bound to get a download link somewhere or the other.

You will also find:-Insight into IELTS Student's Book Updated edition : The Cambridge IELTS Course (Cambridge Ielts Course)

Hope the above helps

regs
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Want2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of lightWant2Move is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks regs. That was very helpful.

I found Cambridge IELTS 6 Student Book with Answers online including Audio.

I bought Barron's IELTS with Audio CD through Amazon as I saw some good reviews for that.

I assumed you took the General Test. These books seem to focus on the Academic Test. Any advice/tips on how to prepare for the General Test? She has 3 weeks left for her test, unless she wants to postpone it for not being ready. Her goal is to get 6.5 overall score. Thanks.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Take as many sample tests as possible. By looking at the format of General test she should get an idea of how to it is. doing the acadamic version would actually help too.

what is the idea of 6.5 overall score? for more points in immigration one would require 7 in each.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 6:47 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Want2Move
Her goal is to get 6.5 overall score. Thanks.
Overall IELTS score is completely irrelevant and will not be considered. Only individual scores in each skill count.

In order to get max 4 points per skill IELTS score must be 7.0 or better in particular skill.

Score between 5.0 and 6.9 will result in 2 points awarded for particular skill.

The total number of points awarded for English will be the sum of points awarded in each of 4 skills accordingly to each skill's IELTS score.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
what is the idea of 6.5 overall score? for more points in immigration one would require 7 in each.
Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Score between 5.0 and 6.9 will result in 2 points awarded for particular skill.
Thanks to both of you. I am sorry I should have mentioned it earlier, the score she is trying to achieve is not for Canadian Immigration. It is for New Zealand. We still want to move to Canada (me as a principal applicant and I guess she does not need to show IELTS score, but I may have to), but afraid that my occupation may not make to the new list that they are going to publish in next new months. We are still going to wait for the list to publish and see if we can move to Canada, but at the same time, we want to have everything ready for NZ as well. We don't mind moving to NZ as it is a beautiful country and close to home (Nepal). Thanks.