Another goods... related question

Old Mar 9th 2005, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Subj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another goods... related question

Hi All !

Could somebody help me out here -

We will take most of our stuff with us in the luggage, and some heavier items (books, etc.) will be mailed to me by my wife, who will arrive a month after myself. No cargo shipments are currently planned.

Now my questions are:

1) The stuff that will get sent my post - does it belong in the Goods to Follow list ? If yes, will I then be expected to show this list at the post office upon receipt ?

2) Will my wife have to present her own list of goods to carry for items in her luggage, or should I include them within my goods to follow list ?

Your replies are greatly appreciated !
Old Mar 9th 2005, 4:16 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another goods... related question

HI

Originally Posted by Subj
Hi All !

Could somebody help me out here -

We will take most of our stuff with us in the luggage, and some heavier items (books, etc.) will be mailed to me by my wife, who will arrive a month after myself. No cargo shipments are currently planned.

Now my questions are:

1) The stuff that will get sent my post - does it belong in the Goods to Follow list ? If yes, will I then be expected to show this list at the post office upon receipt ?

If it isn't going with you, then its goods to follow. YOu will be expected to show the Stamped B4 when you pick up the goods.

2) Will my wife have to present her own list of goods to carry for items in her luggage, or should I include them within my goods to follow list ?

Same list is fine.

Your replies are greatly appreciated !
PMM
Old Mar 9th 2005, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Subj is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Does that mean that my wife will require a copy of my stamped B4 list to be faxed to her before she travels? Could she not just produce a goods to carry list for items in her luggage?

Thanks a lot, once more.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:53 am
Just Joined

coffee ice cream is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, boy, things are much complicated than I thought... I was planning to land first as a pricipal applicant and my husband can land before the visa expires. And I thought that he can take the list of goods to follow when he lands, but it seems like I have to have the list when I land. Is that right? And when he lands, he needs to show the same list? Does anyone know about this? Does anyone have similar experience? Thanks.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 11:31 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by E37
Oh, boy, things are much complicated than I thought... I was planning to land first as a pricipal applicant and my husband can land before the visa expires. And I thought that he can take the list of goods to follow when he lands, but it seems like I have to have the list when I land. Is that right? And when he lands, he needs to show the same list? Does anyone know about this? Does anyone have similar experience? Thanks.
Yes you have to take the List in with you when you land for all of the goods that you will be bringing to Canada. The Customs official will stamp this and you will need to copy this and send it back to your husband and the shippers and keep a copy for yourself.

Please don't worry about it - it is very straightforward and the Customs are very friendly guys. You just walk through the Declare Channel after baggage hall and hand over your List to them. Shouldn't take you much more than 5 minutes.

Remeber to put EVERYTHING on your list including pets and whatever you are carrying with you and you will be fine. Honestly don't worry about it - it is a breeze.

Your husband only has to show the copy of the List if he is bringing stuff in with him, otherwise he can go through the Nothing to Declare Channel.