Another form of ID -

Old Sep 28th 2018, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

melady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond reputemelady25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another form of ID -

This is the start of this thread:-

Hi there, It seems that the PR card is not acceptable as another document of personal identification. The guide gave examples, ie. driving license, health card etc., however, would a recent UK 'Provisional driving licence obtained, be acceptable, as it has all personal details and photo displayed. Thankyou.

Originally Posted by Siouxie
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...lications.html

must provide at least two documents to establish their identity. Both pieces of identification must show the applicant’s name and date of birth, and at least one document must have a photograph of the applicant.

Applicants residing outside Canada may not be able to provide Canadian identity documents. Applicants can provide foreign identity documents that are equivalent to Canadian identity documents, such as a passport or government-issued identification documents.
UK/other Passport would work for one.
UK Photo Drivers License may work

Provincial Photo Health Card should work
Some Provinces have ID cards available for non-drivers if he's likely to return to Canada prior to the submission - Ontario, for instance: https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-photo-card
Hi, thanks for information, however, the transcript you have pasted here, is dated April 2017... so is not up to date information,... its before the new rules came in October 2017.! whereby its states another id needed other than PR card, for citizenship application. Thanks.

Originally Posted by G0ldie
Birth certificate?
No, birth certificate does not have your photo on it!... This is for Citizenship.... 2nd ID required has to have a photo on it, according to the guidelines. I say provisional driving licence,because, the guide only states 'driving Licence'..... it doesnt say 'Full' meaning one has passed their driving test.... and UK provisional is a 'learner' driver.... So still looking for verification on this from an expert i'd say. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Aviator
The only expert that can definitively verify is the requester. What is stated on here means diddly at the end of the day if they won't take it.
Hi there, well, the 'requester' is the Canadian immigration according to their requirements...It specifically states that the PR card is not acceptable.... I just wondered if anyone else on here has also been unable to provide a 'Government issued' ID with their personal details including photo!.... obvioulsy i have a passport and PR card... Thanks

---------------
Old Oct 15th 2018, 12:44 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Another form of ID -

For reasons unknown some of the posts for this topic have either disappeared into the ether or will not show themselves from their hiding place.