Another E-LMO TWP question..

Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

gee398 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another E-LMO TWP question..

First of all thanks to everyone who has given me advice on this, its all been a big help.
So my boss told me today he has spoke to the HRSDC and my e-lmo has been approved for two years, i now want to apply for a 2 year work permit and was wondering if i could drive down to the border and get it taken care of at a port of entry?. I am living in Vancouver.
My current work permit which was issued by bunac is due to expire on the 14th of may and if i send my application away for 8 weeks to be processed and for any reason it is rejected i will have no visa at all.
Any experience or advice on what to take or times to do this would be hugely appreciated!!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:10 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another E-LMO TWP question..

Of course driving to the border, leaving Canada and asking for WP on re-entry is the best option.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

wayne-Niki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gee398
First of all thanks to everyone who has given me advice on this, its all been a big help.
So my boss told me today he has spoke to the HRSDC and my e-lmo has been approved for two years, i now want to apply for a 2 year work permit and was wondering if i could drive down to the border and get it taken care of at a port of entry?. I am living in Vancouver.
My current work permit which was issued by bunac is due to expire on the 14th of may and if i send my application away for 8 weeks to be processed and for any reason it is rejected i will have no visa at all.
Any experience or advice on what to take or times to do this would be hugely appreciated!!
Well done.
What type of work are you doing under the e-lmo?
We are on a Bunac at the moment and would like to do what you have done, any tips?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

gee398 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey.
I'm working as a carpenter,its what i've done for years in the uk and i kinda lucked out with the building boom and shortage of trades here made the process pretty quick. i still had big problems though as my boss was missing a months PD7A form that was required. took a while to get sorted..

I used a lawyer for a while but depending on your situation can quite easily be done without one. My only advice is to get on it as soon as possible, i've seen quite a few friends now want to stay and not be able to. It can be stressful when the work permit end date is approaching and your still waiting for documents. The hrdsc and cic websites have everything in them, it can be hard finding what your looking for sometimes tho.. Good luck..