Wikiposts

Another Bloody Yank.

Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:18 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Bloody Yank.

My second daughter, Canadian by birth, wishes to import her associate; an American. He's about to graduate with a degree in Electrical Engineering, he seems to have lived a life free of major crime and is generally personable enough. They'd like to live in or around Vancouver.

How best to do it, that's the question. They're not married, haven't lived together long enough to be common law. Do they have electricity in BC? Might he find work there? Any suggestions welcome.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:21 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Bloody Yank.

Originally Posted by dbd33
My second daughter, Canadian by birth, wishes to import her associate; an American. He's about to graduate with a degree in Electrical Engineering, he seems to have lived a life free of major crime and is generally personable enough. They'd like to live in or around Vancouver.

How best to do it, that's the question. They're not married, haven't lived together long enough to be common law. Do they have electricity in BC? Might he find work there? Any suggestions welcome.
Can he get a NAFTA-based work permit?

By the way, if he's from the southern United States then he's probably not a "Yank" ...
Old Jan 27th 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JAJ
Can he get a NAFTA-based work permit?

By the way, if he's from the southern United States then he's probably not a "Yank" ...
He's a red neck!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 3:41 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Journeyman Electrician
He's a red neck!
He might be a good ol boy
Old Jan 27th 2008, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Thydney
He might be a good ol boy
you don't never know!
Old Jan 27th 2008, 3:59 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

With the turnaround on LMOs to get work permits, they might just as well live together for long enough to qualify for a spousal sponsorship.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 4:23 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

He's on the list of TN-eligible professions. Whether he can find work is another matter.

--another bloody yank with a EE who held one of the first FT visas
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

He may well find work in the wind/renewables industry - but that's probably not what you want to hear!! But there are lots of wind/renewables companies in Vancouver that would be very glad to hear from somebody with an electrical engineering degree I would think. PM me if you want details of any and I'll get hubby to look some out.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
He may well find work in the wind/renewables industry - but that's probably not what you want to hear!! But there are lots of wind/renewables companies in Vancouver that would be very glad to hear from somebody with an electrical engineering degree I would think. PM me if you want details of any and I'll get hubby to look some out.
Will do, thank you.

As it goes I live with a Daughter of the Confederacy so I know something of American regional insults, I don't know the proper one for Alaskans though.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:11 am
Desert dweller

brooce is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm an EE looking at relocating to Vancouver as well! Any chance of passing those engineering contacts along to me too?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brooce
I'm an EE looking at relocating to Vancouver as well! Any chance of passing those engineering contacts along to me too?
No probs, will pm you.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Any suggestions welcome.
His biggest problem by far will be....

Another Bloody Yank is already in use as a BE screen name.

I'll get my coat