Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Another article whining about the processing time of inland applications...

Another article whining about the processing time of inland applications...

Old Dec 15th 2014, 4:54 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another article whining about the processing time of inland applications...

Permanent residency spouse sponsorship delays leave new dad unable to support family - Canada - CBC News

Articles like this just make me angry.

They met online 12 years ago, then the guy came to Canada in February 2013 and has been living in Canada since. It doesn't say in the article, but I assume he was not able to work during that time... so then knowing that they only had one income, and that the girl already has a 6 year old from a previous relationship, they went and had another baby. (Also, the baby is now 13 months... so that means baby was born November 2013... they only met in Feb 2013... so that means she got pregnant, like, immediately?)

Then they waited over a year to apply as common-law, and even when they applied in July 2014, waiting times were already at like a year and a half, it's not like it was a surprise...

No comment that he can apply outland and remain in Canada as a visitor...

OR they could have gotten married as soon ast hey found out she was pregnant and then have applied immediately...

These articles make me angry, it's people making poor decisions and then expecting special treatment to get them out of their predicament.

End rant.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

ghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud ofghunter has much to be proud of
Default Re: Another article whining about the processing time of inland applications...

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Permanent residency spouse sponsorship delays leave new dad unable to support family - Canada - CBC News

Articles like this just make me angry.

They met online 12 years ago, then the guy came to Canada in February 2013 and has been living in Canada since. It doesn't say in the article, but I assume he was not able to work during that time... so then knowing that they only had one income, and that the girl already has a 6 year old from a previous relationship, they went and had another baby. (Also, the baby is now 13 months... so that means baby was born November 2013... they only met in Feb 2013... so that means she got pregnant, like, immediately?)

Then they waited over a year to apply as common-law, and even when they applied in July 2014, waiting times were already at like a year and a half, it's not like it was a surprise...

No comment that he can apply outland and remain in Canada as a visitor...

OR they could have gotten married as soon ast hey found out she was pregnant and then have applied immediately...

These articles make me angry, it's people making poor decisions and then expecting special treatment to get them out of their predicament.

End rant.
When I read this article this morning it really annoyed me. It is so poorly written and so uninformed about the actual processes. Just lazy journalism. He easily could have applied outland while living in Canada and avoided this whole situation, and if he had applied when they became common law (or just got married) he would already be working. Even withdrawing his inland application now would probably be a good idea!

I feel like the amount of people are so misinformed, either by the cic "help" line or from just failing to properly read the manuals incredibly frustrating. Luckily there are places like BE that help so many people avoid this ridiculously unnecessary situation!
Old Dec 15th 2014, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another article whining about the processing time of inland applications...

It's the CBC, they enjoy making a mountain out of a mole hill over pretty much immigration related.

Although the government could probably do something to reduce the wait times, although I agree many don't do their own research or ignore it all and think they will be special.

I did inland, but knew all the down sides, and all that, but back then it was only taking about a year, mine was 9 months.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Good rant .

And yes, bad journalism.
Old Dec 15th 2014, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

MinsterMan83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with the above comments, its as though they want preferential treatment.
My wife has a friend who will shortly be in a similar situation, helped by their own arrogance and cluelessness about the whole process
Old Dec 16th 2014, 1:50 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm so the article has been updated with this:

UPDATED
--Government to launch one-year pilot program to help spouse sponsorship work permit applicants
--New pilot program would allow applicants to work, provide for family during processing period

Interesting.........

CIC's webpage hasn't been updated yet, and the bulletins page (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2014/index.asp) hasn't been updated either... so that's a bit odd... but will be interesting to see what happens.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 2:36 am
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

I don't normally read comments but this one is pure gold

If my son married a girl from another country and wanted to bring her here to live, I'd expect the paperwork to be done about the same time they got married, maybe an hour later.
If my daughter married a guy from elsewhere and they wanted to live here, I'd be happy and would expect to have my government facilitate the papers within hours or, at most, days.
Why are rabid xenophobes unhappy with other people's happiness?
On what planet would any country process an application within the hour???
Old Dec 16th 2014, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

colchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond repute

The guy is defending his decisions in the comments section. Comments are closed so people can no longer reply.
Old Dec 16th 2014, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Oh. Dear. Deities. The comments ...

I did like "...naive cattle...", and "...he can stay home & wash cloth diapers ..." !!

S