Annoyed

Old Dec 30th 2019, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

MatteoHV is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Annoyed

Ahh I am so annyed
PR been approved on the 20/12, havent received my COPR yet to go to the border.
My visa expire on the 2nd of January so i had to pay the extension for the family, over 700 dollars.
What is the average time once the PR is approved (website says it is complete and approved) to get the letter and land as PR?
Do they refund the money?

Matteo
Old Dec 30th 2019, 5:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Annoyed

Originally Posted by MatteoHV
Ahh I am so annyed
PR been approved on the 20/12, havent received my COPR yet to go to the border.
My visa expire on the 2nd of January so i had to pay the extension for the family, over 700 dollars.
What is the average time once the PR is approved (website says it is complete and approved) to get the letter and land as PR?
Do they refund the money?

Matteo
What visas are you extending that cost over $700?

Given the Xmas shut down, and the expected delay in all processing because of it, it is highly unlikely you’ll get your COPR before the 2nd. And no, you won’t be able to get a refund I’m afraid.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

**UPDATE**
Landed finally so now we can move on with our life.
CBSA and CIC confirm that I am entitled to a refund for the extension of the visas, how much will depend on the agent, but considering that all the applications have not been started yet they might refund a good 80%.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 6:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

**UPDATE**
Landed finally so now we can move on with our life.
CBSA and CIC confirm that I am entitled to a refund for the extension of the visas, how much will depend on the agent, but considering that all the applications have not been started yet they might refund a good 80%.
Congrats! It doesn’t work like that, you either get a refund or you don’t, it doesn’t ‘depend on the agent’. Only certain fees can be refunded if processing has started. Have you cancelled the application(s)?

Again, what exactly did you apply for that cost you $700?
Old Jan 12th 2020, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

The process hasn't started yet. In December they started the application sent in August (so I have been told over the phone). I had to pay for my visa (obtained via LMIA), open working permit for my wife, and 2 kids).
When I called Thursday 01/09, after the call they send an email where I had to fill a Web form with all my details etc. I was aware that the kids should not pay but the online form did not work (up to now they haven't found out why) so I had to send a paper application and pay 200. For me and my Wife was online for 455 dollars.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 7:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

The process hasn't started yet. In December they started the application sent in August (so I have been told over the phone).
I'm still none the wiser! You say it hasn't started yet, but then say they started in December - which is correct? Ignore whatever you've been told over the phone, the CIC 'misinformation line' is notorious for giving out duff info.

You also said you paid $455? I'm not sure how that total was calculated but without knowing exactly what you applied for it's hard to say.

As long as you've cancelled your applications, then requested a refund after doing so, you'll just get back whatever you're due - hopefully it's something at least!