Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

To Andrew, PMM & experts: CSIS Security Check

To Andrew, PMM & experts: CSIS Security Check

Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

testinz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To Andrew, PMM & experts: CSIS Security Check

Hi Andrew, PMM and experts,

Could you please tell me whether CSIS Security check is required for all skill worker permanent residence applications from within Canada through the Buffalo office?

In my case, I applied for PR application within Canada to the Buffalo office. My background check is already done but they are still waiting for both CSIS and RCMP security check, although they have already received my RCMP security clearance last year.

CSIS website mentioned that Buffalo sent the request to CSIS only through hard-copy, which will usually take ~ 153 days for CSIS to process. So my question is whether all PR applications applied through the Buffalo office must go through CSIS security or this only applies to only specific PR cases?

Thanks!
Testinz.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:34 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To Andrew, PMM & experts: CSIS Security Check

All PR visa applicants, regardless class they applied under and visa post processing their application require security check. It is mandatory for all immigrants.

Originally Posted by testinz
Hi Andrew, PMM and experts,

Could you please tell me whether CSIS Security check is required for all skill worker permanent residence applications from within Canada through the Buffalo office?

In my case, I applied for PR application within Canada to the Buffalo office. My background check is already done but they are still waiting for both CSIS and RCMP security check, although they have already received my RCMP security clearance last year.

CSIS website mentioned that Buffalo sent the request to CSIS only through hard-copy, which will usually take ~ 153 days for CSIS to process. So my question is whether all PR applications applied through the Buffalo office must go through CSIS security or this only applies to only specific PR cases?

Thanks!
Testinz.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your quick reply. Does that mean all security check "must" go through CSIS ?

From my understanding, that means Buffalo must sends security check requests of all PR applicants by hard-copy to CSIS (which takes an average of 153 days to complete the request).

That's a lot of hard-copies to process and keep tracks.

Testinz.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
All PR visa applicants, regardless class they applied under and visa post processing their application require security check. It is mandatory for all immigrants.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:44 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, CSIS is the agency that conducts security check. And the average of 153 days is very misleading. Currently immigration security checks not requiring full report are completed in about 3 to 5 months, while those requiring full report take 12 to 15 months to complete. Don't ask me what "full report" is and why some applicants require it and others don't - it is classified info and CSIS will not let anyone know answer to it.

Originally Posted by testinz
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your quick reply. Does that mean all security check "must" go through CSIS ?

From my understanding, that means Buffalo must sends security check requests of all PR applicants by hard-copy to CSIS (which takes an average of 153 days to complete the request).

That's a lot of hard-copies to process and keep tracks.

Testinz.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your information. That explains it.

Best Regards,
Testinz.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Yes, CSIS is the agency that conducts security check. And the average of 153 days is very misleading. Currently immigration security checks not requiring full report are completed in about 3 to 5 months, while those requiring full report take 12 to 15 months to complete. Don't ask me what "full report" is and why some applicants require it and others don't - it is classified info and CSIS will not let anyone know answer to it.