Andrew Miller pls help!

Old Dec 2nd 2004, 1:28 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Andrew Miller pls help!

You can do it anywhere but results must be forwarded by DMP to proper office - so, if you are doing medicals within same country it will be no problem, but if in another country then make sure that DMP sends results to the address required by visa post processing your application.

Originally Posted by Ryan Cho
Hi Mr. Miller,
I am very close to receiving my IA. However, I will be away for nearly one month. I want to know if I can get my medicals done anywhere (any country) from any DMP or I need to do it in the city where I have given my address of residence.
Thanks.
Ryan
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Ryan Cho is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mr. Miller,
I will take care of it.
Regards,
Ryan
Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You can do it anywhere but results must be forwarded by DMP to proper office - so, if you are doing medicals within same country it will be no problem, but if in another country then make sure that DMP sends results to the address required by visa post processing your application.
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 5:02 pm
Banned

Johnson is an unknown quantity at this point

Every day spent in Canada will count, but under your plan you won't get enough days to be eligible to apply for citizenship. You need to be in Canada for 3 years (1,095 days) in 4 years period preceding citizenship application.

And I will ask again like I have asked others many times before - if you want to live in US then what a heck is your reason to apply for Canadian PR status in the first place?
Dear Andrew Miller,

The reason I am going to US is that I have some personal relations with my employer; the employer wants me to serve the company for 2 years due to contractual agreement and I see that my US IT experience will help me getting a better job in Cananda to settle down there.

Infact, I would love to come to Canada in 2006 and by that time I will have my Canadian immigration in my hand.

One question: How much time do you think my original educational documents will take to reach me back from local visa post?

--Hafeez
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 5:11 pm

Most visa post do not return any documents, unless they specifically ask for originals to be submitted (other than IELTS, transcripts and police certificates of course).

Originally Posted by Johnson
Dear Andrew Miller,

The reason I am going to US is that I have some personal relations with my employer; the employer wants me to serve the company for 2 years due to contractual agreement and I see that my US IT experience will help me getting a better job in Cananda to settle down there.

Infact, I would love to come to Canada in 2006 and by that time I will have my Canadian immigration in my hand.

One question: How much time do you think my original educational documents will take to reach me back from local visa post?

--Hafeez
Old Dec 6th 2004, 4:54 pm
Banned

Most visa post do not return any documents, unless they specifically ask for originals to be submitted (other than IELTS, transcripts and police certificates of course).
One question:

Now when I will be sending all required docs to the local canadian immigration office, I know that I wont be available at the address already provided as I am leaving for US in January.

So, should I ask them to send me the docs to US office and migrate my application to US? I think after receiving all the required docs they may ask me to provide them Medical reports of myself and spouse.

Please guide me on this!

--Hafeez
Old Dec 6th 2004, 4:58 pm

No, you can't transfer your file to US.

One question:

Now when I will be sending all required docs to the local canadian immigration office, I know that I wont be available at the address already provided as I am leaving for US in January.

So, should I ask them to send me the docs to US office and migrate my application to US? I think after receiving all the required docs they may ask me to provide them Medical reports of myself and spouse.

Please guide me on this!

--Hafeez
Old Dec 6th 2004, 6:04 pm
Banned

No, you can't transfer your file to US.
Ok, So how would you advise me to proceed with my case. Because when they will send me the decision or asking me to submit Medicals, I will be in US. I don't know and would like to get your's experienced view point.

--Hafeez
Old Dec 6th 2004, 7:00 pm

Leave your case where it is being processed and only send notification of residential and mailing addresses change when you move to US.

Ok, So how would you advise me to proceed with my case. Because when they will send me the decision or asking me to submit Medicals, I will be in US. I don't know and would like to get your's experienced view point.

--Hafeez
Old Dec 6th 2004, 9:53 pm
Banned

Leave your case where it is being processed and only send notification of residential and mailing addresses change when you move to US.
1. Do you think immigration officer will ask me to send Police verification from US as well?
2. Will there be any problem to get my medicals from US?
3. Do you think there will be problems if I go to US and coordinate with immigration officer from there ?

Really confused!

--Hafeez
Old Dec 7th 2004, 4:11 am
Nav
Just Joined

Nav is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Andrew Miller pls help! or any expert

Originally Posted by Ryan Cho
Hi Mr. Miller,
I am very close to receiving my IA. However, I will be away for nearly one month. I want to know if I can get my medicals done anywhere (any country) from any DMP or I need to do it in the city where I have given my address of residence.
Thanks.
Ryan
Mr Miller,
I have a question regarding adding someone to te application when it is still in process. If adding spouse after getting married recently. Can I add her with her present passport in which she has her madein family name. Or wait till we get a new passport with her family name changed to my family name. AS waiting for new passport will take some time.
Can we add with her present family name and then later change her family name to mine before sending passport for visa.
And in application what would I keep for her in the surname section.
I am little confused with this.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 11:49 pm
Banned

1. Do you think immigration officer will ask me to send Police verification from US as well?
3. Do you think there will be problems if I go to US and coordinate with immigration officer from there ?

Really confused!
Old Dec 8th 2004, 4:28 am

1. Yes, if you resided in US for 6 months or longer
2. no
3. no

Really confused!
Old Feb 4th 2005, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Ryan Cho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Andrew Miller pls help!

Hi Andrew,
One of my friends is in a dilema. He sent the documents after receiving his IA to Buffalo by express post. The documents included bank statements, T4 forms and letter from previous employer. The documents have been lost by canada post. The problem is that the previous employer's original letter was in that lost packet. He had got it with much difficulty. Though he has kept a photocopy of that letter. Getting other documents again is not a problem.

My question is that can he send the photocopy of that letter that the employer had provided on the letterhead to Buffalo? Is it acceptable? If not, what are the other ways/alternatives?

Regards.
Ryan