Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Andrew MIller,Jim Humphries,please,help me guys!

Andrew MIller,Jim Humphries,please,help me guys!

Old Aug 22nd 2004, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

waiter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Andrew MIller,Jim Humphries,please,help me guys!

I am on a working visa at UBC since Feb. 2002.
Our timeline (Me, my wife, two kids):

Application sent: Jan 2003
AOR : Feb 2003
IA : Jan 2004
Medicals : Mar 2004
ROLF, etc : Apr 2004

My daugther is 14 years old, has a mildly delayed development and is under an individualized program in a regular class (in a regular school). The doctor noticed the problem and an evealuation by a psychologist was performed and sent with the initial medical results.
The evaluation of the psychologist was objective but stressing her strong points. In particular there was a short description of how her strengths were noticed by teachers and reported in her school reports (reports according to ther individualized educational program).

Now, on Apr 14, 2004 the Medical Office in Ottawa setn a sealed envelope. We went back to our doctor and it turned out that they
requested those school reports?! We sent them to Ottawa together with a very supportive letter from the School Prinicipal on May 15, 2004 and never heard anything from them since.

I just made an inquiry with the local MP's office (Richmond) and they said that the CIC informed them that the delay in Buffalo is due to two reasons:
1) Background checks (we all know how slow it could be; we lived in Bulgaria, Hungary, USA and Canada; I am a hungarian national, my wife is a bulgarian national)
2) All the medicals are recevied at Buffalo from Ottawa BUT not that of my daugther, they are still waitting for her medical results!!!!

I assumed that after more than 5 months since the initial medical (the date of the examination was February 17, 2004!) and more than 3 months since the additional request was sent in (May 15, 2004) the medicals should have been finalized a LONG time ago! For this period of time, I guessed, there had to be some sort of additional requests for further testing or a finalization (hopefully favorable).

Does it mean file was lost? Is it an attempt to say a silent 'NO', stretching the time limits to inifinity... My contract and visa expire on January 31, 2005 and we are going crazy at the moment! How should one react in such a case?

Thanks for your patience reading it.

Last edited by waiter; Aug 22nd 2004 at 7:13 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 12:29 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andrew MIller,Jim Humphries,please,help me guys!

It seems your daughter's condition is being assessed at headquarters. That always takes 4 to 6 months.

Originally Posted by waiter

My daugther is 14 years old, has a mildly delayed development and is under an individualized program in a regular class (in a regular school). The doctor noticed the problem and an evealuation by a psychologist was performed and sent with the initial medical results.
The evaluation of the psychologist was objective but stressing her strong points. In particular there was a short description of how her strengths were noticed by teachers and reported in her school reports (reports according to ther individualized educational program).

Now, on Apr 14, 2004 the Medical Office in Ottawa setn a sealed envelope. We went back to our doctor and it turned out that they
requested those school reports?! We sent them to Ottawa together with a very supportive letter from the School Prinicipal on May 15, 2004 and never heard anything from them since.

I just made an inquiry with the local MP's office (Richmond) and they said that the CIC informed them that the delay in Buffalo is due to two reasons:
1) Background checks (we all know how slow it could be; we lived in Bulgaria, Hungary, USA and Canada; I am a hungarian national, my wife is a bulgarian national)
2) All the medicals are recevied at Buffalo from Ottawa BUT not that of my daugther, they are still waitting for her medical results!!!!

I assumed that after more than 5 months since the initial medical (the date of the examination was February 17, 2004!) and more than 3 months since the additional request was sent in (May 15, 2004) the medicals should have been finalized a LONG time ago! For this period of time, I guessed, there had to be some sort of additional requests for further testing or a finalization (hopefully favorable).

Does it mean file was lost? Is it an attempt to say a silent 'NO', stretching the time limits to inifinity... My contract and visa expire on January 31, 2005 and we are going crazy at the moment! How should one react in such a case?

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 5:55 am
Just Joined

waiter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
It seems your daughter's condition is being assessed at headquarters. That always takes 4 to 6 months.
Thank you JIm Humphries for the information!
BUT
do you mean 4-6 months from the initial medical on February 17 or from the receipt by Ottawa of the answer to the additional request on May 15?

Last edited by waiter; Aug 23rd 2004 at 6:06 am.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 7:33 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Waiter

Thank you JIm Humphries for the information!
BUT
do you mean 4-6 months from the initial medical on February 17 or from the receipt by Ottawa of the answer to the additional request on May 15?
From the date of the additional request. They will be reviewing the medical to determine if your child's condition will result in a refusal or not.

PMM
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point

Waiter I know what your are feeling because even though we have different cases, our timelines are very similar and my working permit expires on August 31st...My level of stress is reaching so high that is the first time in my life when I finally know what stress is all about...