Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Andrew Miller, Do U know the answer of it?

Andrew Miller, Do U know the answer of it?

Old May 14th 2002, 5:20 pm
Chinadian

Default Andrew Miller, Do U know the answer of it?

My math is not very good, so, please help me here:

I landed on June/16 noon, 1999, when can I sign citizenship if I never left Canada?
June 15th? 16th? or 17th? When is the exact 3 year line? I really could not count
here. What exactly is 1 day? I should be able to sing on the 15th, if the 15th is
already counted.

Another question: I left Canada several times, and for twice I was leaving Canada at
Windsor to Detroit to buy something and came right back. Once I was leaving in the
morning, then came back in the evening. Is that a Half day or 1 day? Another time, I
left at 10pm then came back around 2am. That is 4 hours, should I count it two days
because it crosses over 2 days? Should I count it 1 day, or only 1/8th day?

Old May 14th 2002, 7:20 pm
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Andrew Miller, Do U know the answer of it?

Every day in which part of you were present in Canada is counted as day in Canada.
Now doing your math will be easier...

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Chinadian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > My math is not very good, so, please help me here:
    >
    > I landed on June/16 noon, 1999, when can I sign citizenship if I never left Canada?
    > June 15th? 16th? or 17th? When is the exact 3 year line? I really could not count
    > here. What exactly is 1 day? I should be able to sing on the 15th, if the 15th is
    > already counted.
    >
    > Another question: I left Canada several times, and for twice I was leaving Canada
    > at Windsor to Detroit to buy something and came right back. Once I was leaving in
    > the morning, then came back in the evening. Is that a Half day or 1 day? Another
    > time, I left at 10pm then came back around 2am. That is 4 hours, should I count
    > it two days because it crosses over 2 days? Should I count it 1 day, or only
    > 1/8th day?

Old May 14th 2002, 9:21 pm
Chinadian

Then for some days, though I was out of Canada, but because they were very short,
then I don't even need to count them? How should I include those exit/entrance on my
application, because clearly it asks for dates I was out of Canada, but does not ask
how many days I was partly in Canada.

Old May 15th 2002, 3:20 am
Andrew Miller

Again - any day which part of you were in Canada is to be counted as a day in
Canada, so don't even list as absence days when you left and returned the same or
the next day.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
millercicanada.com (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Chinadian" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Then for some days, though I was out of Canada, but because they were very short,
    > then I don't even need to count them? How should I include those exit/entrance on
    > my application, because clearly it asks for dates I was out of Canada, but does not
    > ask how many days I was partly in Canada.

Old May 15th 2002, 3:22 am
Just Joined

Kaleem is an unknown quantity at this point

Andrew Miller is not a math teacher.