For Andrew Miller

Old Jan 16th 2002, 5:42 am
Posts: n/a

Hi Andrew , I am a Canadian citizen, my husband's medicals were over in April 2001
but his PR has not come yet. I was informed by the high commision in Delhi that it is
under the Security check. Can we start the process of looking for a Job for him now
itself. I am aware that he could get a job easily if he has a PR. But now since the
PR is in the final stages(hopefully) can he apply for a job. What rules apply in such
a case if he needs a work permit or if he gets a job? Does a security check take so
long. All PCCs have been given by us promptly. Thanks.
Old Jan 16th 2002, 5:48 am
Andrew Miller
Posts: n/a

Your husband cannot work in Canada without proper Employment Authorization if he
doesn't have a PR status yet. If he applied through CHC New Delhi as a spouse living
abroad then he has no option to get an open EA like for spouses applying from within
Canada on H&C grounds.



Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.