Andrew: Landing with(out) spouse

Old Feb 5th 2002, 1:43 pm
Casaava

I am expecting to receive the landing papers in a month or two.I opted that my spouse
will not be accompanied by me mentioning both in the application form and at the time
of interview. I have submitted separate application form and every other requirements
(police verification, medical etc.) for my spouse and she was present at the time of
interview. I have deposited the landing fee only for myself. My questions are:

How much time (approx.) it will take when I sponsor her from Canada? Does she will
appear for interview again? Should I expect any dditional inormation/things or she
will just do her medicals (if expired by that time)?

or

Can I give the option that my spouse will be accompanied by me at this stage? How
much it will dalay my case?

Thanks in advance.

Old Feb 5th 2002, 1:56 pm
Andrew Miller

If you want your wife to accompany you then you should immediately notify visa post
before your visa is issued and follow instructions received. Otherwise you'll have to
sponsor her from Canada and the entire process may take at least a year at best (2 to
4 months to be approved as a sponsor and about 6 to 9+ months for her immigration
application). Your wife will have to go through the entire application process all
over again, so it is better to change your mind and adjust application accordingly
now, before your visa is issued.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >