Andrew, Jim or PMM please

Old Dec 30th 2004, 3:11 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Default Andrew, Jim or PMM please

I understand that everyone's application is different, but when do you think I should assume that there is something wrong with the way my application is going? Here is my timeline,

AOR Dec 03
AI July 04 (Interview waived, requested medicals, FBI Clearance and W2's)
Sent all requested documents and ROFL fee in August 04
I'm Palestinian, Lived only in the US after turning 18. All degrees and work experience are from the US.

I havn't heard anything from Buffalo yet. I'm being patient, but I was thinking about sending Buffalo a letter if I don't receive anything by Feb 05. Am I being reasonable or impatient?

Last edited by MJ23; Dec 30th 2004 at 3:13 am.
Old Dec 30th 2004, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

siv04 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Andrew, Jim or PMM please

Did you get a receipt for the ROFL?

Originally Posted by MJ23
I understand that everyone's application is different, but when do you think I should assume that there is something wrong with the way my application is going? Here is my timeline,

AOR Dec 03
AI July 04 (Interview waived, requested medicals, FBI Clearance and W2's)
Sent all requested documents and ROFL fee in August 04
I'm Palestinian, Lived only in the US after turning 18. All degrees and work experience are from the US.

I havn't heard anything from Buffalo yet. I'm being patient, but I was thinking about sending Buffalo a letter if I don't receive anything by Feb 05. Am I being reasonable or impatient?
Old Dec 30th 2004, 3:40 am
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by siv04
Did you get a receipt for the ROFL?
No, and you are not supposed to receive one!
Old Dec 30th 2004, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

siv04 is on a distinguished road

Hmm, I didn't know this I was thinking that they should send receipts for all fees. Anyway, I think you can track your payment if it was cashed.
In this case you'll be 100% sure that the documents reached them...

Old Dec 30th 2004, 3:55 am
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by siv04
Hmm, I didn't know this I was thinking that they should send receipts for all fees. Anyway, I think you can track your payment if it was cashed.
In this case you'll be 100% sure that the documents reached them...
Oh no, I know they received everything. I sent everything in Express Mail, so I know they received the package. I also checked with my bank and the check was cashed. All of this doesn't mean anything though, alot of people get letters after a few months of waiting asking why didn't you submitt what we asked for..... blah blah... I'm just hoping that this won't be the situation in my case.
Old Dec 30th 2004, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

Henok3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey MJ23 (I have long wondered what the MJ23stands for, then I saw a picture of the one and only Did you borrow just his name, or would he really get this anxious if he was immigrating too!!)

I did receive a reciept with my AOR, for ROLF and the application fee.

I have the same timeline as you, but if you recall I had a mishap with my medicals forms done in Aug, had to do TB sputum tests and sent those in Oct. Last week, Ottawa told me they are being looked at. All documents were sent in Aug.

Have you requested CAIPS?...I plan to do that if I don't get the PP by Feb.

Good luck... Don't loose your sense of humour, bro.
Old Dec 30th 2004, 5:41 am
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by Henok3
Hey MJ23 (I have long wondered what the MJ23stands for, then I saw a picture of the one and only Did you borrow just his name, or would he really get this anxious if he was immigrating too!!)

I did receive a reciept with my AOR, for ROLF and the application fee.

I have the same timeline as you, but if you recall I had a mishap with my medicals forms done in Aug, had to do TB sputum tests and sent those in Oct. Last week, Ottawa told me they are being looked at. All documents were sent in Aug.

Have you requested CAIPS?...I plan to do that if I don't get the PP by Feb.

Good luck... Don't loose your sense of humour, bro.
If it wasn't for my sense of humor, I would be dead by now because of all of the stress! Ofcourse I'm not talking about the application to Canada alone

I'm not going to order CAIPS, you know why? Because I'm sick and tired of waiting for things If I order CAIPS then I'll add one more thing to worry and wonder when will I get it!! I'm still hopeful that I will hear something in January!

Good luck to you my man!
Old Dec 31st 2004, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

nervous_wreck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi MJ,
as for the ROL receipt, u'll get it along with your pp request..i know i did.
Anyways, i can only guess that being the official resident of palestine, is probably the only reason for the delay..do u happen to know anyone else from the same country with this situation? (i can't recall having come across too many on that jogi site..till a couple of months ago).
all i can say is keep ur chin up ol pal.
good luck
Old Dec 31st 2004, 5:38 am
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by nervous_wreck
Hi MJ,
as for the ROL receipt, u'll get it along with your pp request..i know i did.
Anyways, i can only guess that being the official resident of palestine, is probably the only reason for the delay..do u happen to know anyone else from the same country with this situation? (i can't recall having come across too many on that jogi site..till a couple of months ago).
all i can say is keep ur chin up ol pal.
good luck
Thanks Man! I still think that my timeline is within the norm, so I'm not panicking yet! I'm just trying to think ahead!

Thanks again
Old Dec 31st 2004, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

If i dont hear anything from them by 15th Feb . I will order CAIPSs. If CAIP does'nt provide any info to me like may be they requested something and i did'nt send exactly the same document and they are still waiting.. or something like that then sometime by Mid of May or may be early in June i would send a letter to them requesting them to update me regarding my case bcaz in July medicals will expire.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 10:28 am
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by orazone
If i dont hear anything from them by 15th Feb . I will order CAIPSs. If CAIP does'nt provide any info to me like may be they requested something and i did'nt send exactly the same document and they are still waiting.. or something like that then sometime by Mid of May or may be early in June i would send a letter to them requesting them to update me regarding my case bcaz in July medicals will expire.
Orazone, I have a feeling January 05 is going to be our month!! I really want to move to Canada in February, so hopefully I will receive the passport request soon!

Hang in there man, and tell your uncle to relax
Old Dec 31st 2004, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

My uncle is in Makkah and will ,InshaAllah, be performing Hajj after few weeks and My aunt does'nt care much about mail so now i call her every weekend and ask her if she received any mail from Canadian Consulate.
Yeah, January is going to be our month.....
Old Dec 31st 2004, 2:15 pm
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by orazone
My uncle is in Makkah and will ,InshaAllah, be performing Hajj after few weeks and My aunt does'nt care much about mail so now i call her every weekend and ask her if she received any mail from Canadian Consulate.
Yeah, January is going to be our month.....
Haj Mabroor in advance Inshallah! Come on, atleast pretend to be thinking positively like me