Andrew/Jim a couple of questions.

Old Aug 20th 2004, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

tsananez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Andrew/Jim a couple of questions.

I have been reading this forum for one month and I have made some questions to myself and perhaps you could give your opinion.

1.- It has been discussed that passing mark will go up. In your opinion/experience, if you had to guess what do you think would be the new passing mark??

2.- If a person from this forum wanted to hire your services we would contact you through e-mail, but if we live in a different province what procedure would we have to follow to send documents for you to check, and to create the application??

3.- In the caips notes, how can I recognize if police check from my original country was finished. (I am from Venezuela and we do not need to send any police document. The consulate supposedly run the check by themselves).
Old Aug 20th 2004, 2:58 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Andrew/Jim a couple of questions.

1. I won't even try to guess - there are various rumors about it but until it is changed (if and when) they are just rumors.

2. Over 95% of my clients (and I think Jim's as well) are not even in Canada, they are all over the world. I never even see in person most of my clients - all is done through phone, email and courier services. Technology is great today.

3. You didn't need to submit pc from Venezuela only if residing there and applying through Caracas. If you applied through any other post you should have included pc from Venezuela.

Originally Posted by tsananez
I have been reading this forum for one month and I have made some questions to myself and perhaps you could give your opinion.

1.- It has been discussed that passing mark will go up. In your opinion/experience, if you had to guess what do you think would be the new passing mark??

2.- If a person from this forum wanted to hire your services we would contact you through e-mail, but if we live in a different province what procedure would we have to follow to send documents for you to check, and to create the application??

3.- In the caips notes, how can I recognize if police check from my original country was finished. (I am from Venezuela and we do not need to send any police document. The consulate supposedly run the check by themselves).
Old Aug 20th 2004, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

3. You didn't need to submit pc from Venezuela only if residing there and applying through Caracas. If you applied through any other post you should have included pc from Venezuela.

Uhmm...this is interesting...I applied through Buffalo because I have been living in Canada since 2001 under student permit and now under working permit. I did not included PC from Venezuela because there is no way to get one. My friends who have already gotten their PR did not include PC from Venezuela either and they also applied through Buffalo. One of these friends was evaluated under old law. The other was eveluated under new law, but she applied in Nov 2001 when old law was still in place.

I already got my initial assessment and the consulate asked me to send the RCMP from Canada, but they did not ask for the Venezuelan one. I assumed they had done that themselves as I understand was the case. I remember that I sent the "Authorization by visa applicant for release of police and court records" with my application. I though they would use that form to require my PC from Venezuela...

What do you advise me to do???

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
1. I won't even try to guess - there are various rumors about it but until it is changed (if and when) they are just rumors.

2. Over 95% of my clients (and I think Jim's as well) are not even in Canada, they are all over the world. I never even see in person most of my clients - all is done through phone, email and courier services. Technology is great today.

Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=tsananez]3. You didn't need to submit pc from Venezuela only if residing there and applying through Caracas. If you applied through any other post you should have included pc from Venezuela.

Mr Miller, since I am now freaking out I have been looking all over internet and I found something very interesting.
I did a search in GOOGLE for "E37048.pdf". I found two different versions of the same document, and both are produced with the Consulate in Buffalo.

1) www.cs.ucr.edu/~stauro/CanadaForms/E37048.pdf

and

2) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf

The first link brings you to a source published by a university in California. The document says "IMM 7048 E (DRAFT)" at the bottom of page 1...so that was a draft produced by the consulate. This draft says "Do not attempt to obtain police certificates from the following countries" and Venezuela is one of them.

This document is very similar to the one that you will see in the link number 2.
This second link is the one we can find in the website of the government of Canada, definitely a reliable source, but in page 1 says "IMM 7048 E (06-2003)". This tells me that this document was updated in June 2003. In this document does not say "Do not attempt to obtain police certificates from the following countries", this portion of text is totally missing.

Based on this I guess that what you are telling me is the truth because you are following the updated version as guidance. However, I applied in April 2003, I got ROA in June 2003. When I applied I was following the first version of the "E37048.pdf" so I was totally following the rules. In addition I never received a letter asking for my Venezuelan PC.

At this time I just want to be sure that the consulate is doing that process, but I do not know how to confirm that. If they are supposed to do that step then I want to be sure that they have already done it. Is there any way I can recognize that through the Caips notes??

Again what do you suggest??...
Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:26 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

It is exactly the same situation as with many Indian nationals applying through Buffalo who for some strange reason often claimed (and some do it even now) that they didn't need to submit Indian pc because they read it in either old Buffalo specific instruction or in New Delhi instruction or just simply heard it from someone who applied years earlier.

Fact that you haven't been asked for Venezualan pc yet doesn't mean that you won't be asked. Let's hope you won't, but is it what you want, to count on luck and hopes?

It is you who should make sure that officer has absolutely everything and doesn't need to ask you for anything - it is your choice now, take the risk and wait or submit venezuelan pc just in case it takes too long for visa post to get one from Caracas.

The problem is that Buffalo if not asking you for pc will instead be sending request to visa post in Caracas and then wait. For Caracas such request coming from other visa post has much lower priority that their own cases and it may take long time for them to get on it and to respond to Buffalo's request. Exactly as it was (and often is) happening with Indian applications in Buffalo that wait for pc from New Delhi sometimes more than 6 months.

Why not do your part and assure that there are no delays? It is your application, your life, your timeline.

[QUOTE=tsananez]

Mr Miller, since I am now freaking out I have been looking all over internet and I found something very interesting.
I did a search in GOOGLE for "E37048.pdf". I found two different versions of the same document, and both are produced with the Consulate in Buffalo.

1) www.cs.ucr.edu/~stauro/CanadaForms/E37048.pdf

and

2) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf

The first link brings you to a source published by a university in California. The document says "IMM 7048 E (DRAFT)" at the bottom of page 1...so that was a draft produced by the consulate. This draft says "Do not attempt to obtain police certificates from the following countries" and Venezuela is one of them.

This document is very similar to the one that you will see in the link number 2.
This second link is the one we can find in the website of the government of Canada, definitely a reliable source, but in page 1 says "IMM 7048 E (06-2003)". This tells me that this document was updated in June 2003. In this document does not say "Do not attempt to obtain police certificates from the following countries", this portion of text is totally missing.

Based on this I guess that what you are telling me is the truth because you are following the updated version as guidance. However, I applied in April 2003, I got ROA in June 2003. When I applied I was following the first version of the "E37048.pdf" so I was totally following the rules. In addition I never received a letter asking for my Venezuelan PC.

At this time I just want to be sure that the consulate is doing that process, but I do not know how to confirm that. If they are supposed to do that step then I want to be sure that they have already done it. Is there any way I can recognize that through the Caips notes??

Again what do you suggest??...
Old Aug 20th 2004, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, got the picture...I will contact the consulate in Caracas to see what they tell me. I have no idea how to get that PC.

I know I can get a “letter of good behaviour" or something to that extend, but I am sure that this is not what the consulate ask for PC.
Old Aug 20th 2004, 6:19 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Do as asked and don't worry about it.

Uhmm...this is interesting...I applied through Buffalo because I have been living in Canada since 2001 under student permit and now under working permit. I did not included PC from Venezuela because there is no way to get one. My friends who have already gotten their PR did not include PC from Venezuela either and they also applied through Buffalo. One of these friends was evaluated under old law. The other was eveluated under new law, but she applied in Nov 2001 when old law was still in place.

I already got my initial assessment and the consulate asked me to send the RCMP from Canada, but they did not ask for the Venezuelan one. I assumed they had done that themselves as I understand was the case. I remember that I sent the "Authorization by visa applicant for release of police and court records" with my application. I though they would use that form to require my PC from Venezuela...

What do you advise me to do???