Andrew, i Need your HELP

Old Mar 15th 2006, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Tareq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Andrew, i Need your HELP

Hi Andrew,

I am a Quebec resident , got married in my home country and now in the process of filling out the sponsorship forms to send to CPC-Missisuaga. However, i have few questions :

1. In Qs.8 of IMM 5540, it says that :
HAVE YOU RESIDED IN COUNTRIES OTHER THAN CANADA?
Here, do i need to write about my home country also where i had been living since birth?
AND also for my 2.5 years in CANADA i have spend one year in my home country too. Do i need to mention this also?
OR simply i tick "NO" because i haven't lived any countires other than my home country and CANADA. I will appreciate if you would let me know exactly what to write.

2. The total fees for the sponsorship case is $75+475+975 = 1525 . Remember i m a Quebec Resident.

3. As a Quebec resident, i need to send only these documents to CPC-Missisuaga. IMM 1344A. b) Copy 2 of my IMM 5401. c)IMM 5540. d) and Photocopy of my PR Card. Right?
And i don't need to send the Photocopy of my marriage Certificate because it is written : PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IF YOU HAVE A CO-SIGNER AND HE OR SHE IS YOUR SPOUSE.
As i don't have a co-signer i don't need to . But i was wondering how are they going to process my sponsorship application without proof of my marriage.

thanks a lot Andrew in advance.
Old Mar 15th 2006, 4:13 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Andrew, i Need your HELP

You are in big troubles if you interpret what you read in the way you just did. The portion about marriage certificate you mention applies to cases when sponsored person is other than spouse (for example parent) and sponsor has a spouse who is a co-signer on sponsorship application. It doesn't apply to spousal sponsorship - you must include not only marriage certificate but also conclusive evidence of your relationship and how it developed, proving that it is not just a marriage of convenience for the purpose of immigration. There is much, much more to submit than what you mentioned in #3. Stop whatever you are doing and learn about the process in details (both, Quebec part and federal) before doing anything.

Originally Posted by Tareq
Hi Andrew,

I am a Quebec resident , got married in my home country and now in the process of filling out the sponsorship forms to send to CPC-Missisuaga. However, i have few questions :

Here, do i need to write about my home country also where i had been living since birth?
AND also for my 2.5 years in CANADA i have spend one year in my home country too. Do i need to mention this also?
OR simply i tick "NO" because i haven't lived any countires other than my home country and CANADA. I will appreciate if you would let me know exactly what to write.

2. The total fees for the sponsorship case is $75+475+975 = 1525 . Remember i m a Quebec Resident.

3. As a Quebec resident, i need to send only these documents to CPC-Missisuaga. IMM 1344A. b) Copy 2 of my IMM 5401. c)IMM 5540. d) and Photocopy of my PR Card. Right?
And i don't need to send the Photocopy of my marriage Certificate because it is written : PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE IF YOU HAVE A CO-SIGNER AND HE OR SHE IS YOUR SPOUSE.
As i don't have a co-signer i don't need to . But i was wondering how are they going to process my sponsorship application without proof of my marriage.

Old Mar 15th 2006, 4:29 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Tareq
Hi Andrew,

1. The answer is yes
2. Your marriage certificate, your wifes application, your wifes criminal record check the visa office specific forms, Financial evaluation.
3. The whole package goes to Mississauga who will forward the information to Quebec, who will send you the request for the selection certificate.
see: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...lies/step.html
4. You don't have a co-signer.
5. I suggest that you go back and read http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/fc.html and follow the instructions.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Tareq is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot Andrew and PMM for your reply. I read some detail on spousal immigration on CIC and have some idea now that what things i have to send to CPC-Missisuage.Its not only the Sponsor's form but also the Immigration forms also for my spouse which she has to fill and send it to me to send it to CPC.

1. And i have answered YES to the question that i have lived in other countries mentioning my home country, like :
SINCE BIRTH ---------------- 08-08-2003(9th Aug , got PR Status)
Now, do i have to mention my one year stay again in my home country from(FEB 2005-Feb 2006)? Plz help.

2. My Marriage certificate is not in English, but i have it translated in English and attested from Notary so do i have to send both the translation and the original or just the translation.

3. Also Andrew , could you please specify what did you mean or what documents i need to send to provide conclusive evidence of my relationship.

Once again thanks and i will follow you .
T'care.

1. The answer is yes
2. Your marriage certificate, your wifes application, your wifes criminal record check the visa office specific forms, Financial evaluation.
3. The whole package goes to Mississauga who will forward the information to Quebec, who will send you the request for the selection certificate.
see: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...lies/step.html
4. You don't have a co-signer.
5. I suggest that you go back and read http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/fc.html and follow the instructions.[/QUOTE]