Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Andrew-- Does successful interview and landing fee request means PASS?

Andrew-- Does successful interview and landing fee request means PASS?

Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

emran is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Andrew-- Does successful interview and landing fee request means PASS?

I wanted to know after successful interview, visa officer requesting landing fee and medical means that I already passed BACKGROUND SECURITY CHECK. I stayed in New york for 5 year and sent FBI report with my Application on July 2001 and then moved to pakistan in December 2001. CHC didn't request FBI report again and during my interview I just hand in Police report from Pakistan.

I just wanted to know my background /security check is cleared before interview or it starts after interview????

Emran
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:23 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andrew-- Does successful interview and landing fee request means PASS?

Hi Emran

Originally Posted by emran
I wanted to know after successful interview, visa officer requesting landing fee and medical means that I already passed BACKGROUND SECURITY CHECK. I stayed in New york for 5 year and sent FBI report with my Application on July 2001 and then moved to pakistan in December 2001. CHC didn't request FBI report again and during my interview I just hand in Police report from Pakistan.

I just wanted to know my background /security check is cleared before interview or it starts after interview????

Emran
Security starts after successful interview.

PMM
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Andrew-- Does successful interview and landing fee request means PASS?

OK Thanks,

But I read few post here that Visa officer said that if a person had medical with him/her during interview they can get visa right away.

Any Ideas?

Emran
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:38 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Not true.

Originally Posted by emran
OK Thanks,

But I read few post here that Visa officer said that if a person had medical with him/her during interview they can get visa right away.

Any Ideas?

Emran
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

newbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nice
Arrow Re: Andrew-- Does successful interview and landing fee request means PASS?

Hi emran,

I think they are currently doing your Security and Background check.

Security and Background check which may take few months
upto a year and also it is NOT in your hands.

medical and police clearance is required (which you are providing them)

I think they have determined you have sufficient points and
positively selected you. Now, Visa issuance is
subject to above 4 approvals.

Hope it helps.

-newbee
Old Dec 8th 2004, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Andrew-- Does successful interview and landing fee request means PASS?

I love they way you reply. You answer all the question in a very polite manner. On the other hand Andrew give corrent answer but scare the hell out of them.

Have FUN!

Emran
Old Dec 8th 2004, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

newbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nicenewbee is just really nice

Thank you for the compliments!

Even, I think Andrew Miller's answers do scar me