Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Andrew and David, Please help, Question on Interview !!!!

Andrew and David, Please help, Question on Interview !!!!

Old Jun 26th 2001, 5:05 pm
mohite

My immigration to Canada interview is scheduled in NY in Oct 01,

What would happen after interview? Do I get visa and acceptance right away or nothing
happens (no stamps in passports), I go home and wait for instruction of paying ROFL
Fee; then after paying the fee, I get landing Papers in few months, But then, when do
I get visa stamp in the passport? OR do I have to go the Canadian Consulate again to
get the Canadian visa.?

How long is my landing permit valid? How long is the visa issued for?

Also they have asked me to get the (I reside in US) FBI clearance for the interview,
but I have already submitted my FBI clearance during initial application time? What
should I do?

Your help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance Manish

Old Jun 26th 2001, 6:28 pm
Andrew Miller

No, you won't get a visa right away after the interview. Interview is only one of
several independent stages of selection and approval process. You may be given
medical forms immediately after the interview and be asked to pay ROLF, but don't
count on it.

Your landing paper is the actual immigration visa, you won't get any visa stamped in
your passport. You receive landing paper in the mail. Landing paper (immigration
visa) is valid for up to 12 months from the date of medicals, unless your passport
expires earlier - in such case immigration visa will expire the same day as your
passport. You must land in Canada before the expiration of immigration visa.

If you have been asked to submit FBI clearance then just do it.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 26th 2001, 6:47 pm
Kulpreet Singh

If Manish is asked to pay the ROLF, wouldn;t that imply that his application has
been approved?

Can one be asked to pay the ROLF before getting the medical check up? What happens if
there are medical problems?

br

Kulpreet

Andrew Miller wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > My immigration to Canada interview is scheduled in NY in Oct 01,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > What would happen after interview? Do I get visa and acceptance right away or[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > nothing happens (no stamps in passports), I go home and wait for instruction of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > paying ROFL Fee; then after paying the fee, I get landing Papers in few months,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > But then, when do I get visa stamp in the passport? OR do I have to go the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Canadian Consulate again to get the Canadian visa.?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > How long is my landing permit valid? How long is the visa issued for?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Also they have asked me to get the (I reside in US) FBI clearance for the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > interview, but I have already submitted my FBI clearance during initial[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > application time? What should I do?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Your help will be greatly appreciated,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks in advance Manish[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 26th 2001, 7:08 pm
Andrew Miller

Getting a request to pay ROLF may be an indication that application will most likely
be approved on it's merits, but it is never a guarantee of the visa. If final
decision is negative then ROLF is refunded.

Some visa posts recommend or even require paying ROLF together with the application
submission and again, in the case of a refusal ROLF is refundable.

--

../..

sending an email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> > No, you won't get a visa right away after the interview. Interview is only[/usenetquote2]
one
[usenetquote2]> > of several independent stages of selection and approval process. You may be given[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > medical forms immediately after the interview and be asked to pay[/usenetquote2]
ROLF,
[usenetquote2]> > but don't count on it.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Your landing paper is the actual immigration visa, you won't get any visa stamped[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > in your passport. You receive landing paper in the mail. Landing[/usenetquote2]
paper
[usenetquote2]> > (immigration visa) is valid for up to 12 months from the date of medicals, unless[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > your passport expires earlier - in such case immigration visa will expire the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > same day as your passport. You must land in Canada before the expiration of[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > immigration visa.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > If you have been asked to submit FBI clearance then just do it.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sending an email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > My immigration to Canada interview is scheduled in NY in Oct 01,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > What would happen after interview? Do I get visa and acceptance right[/usenetquote2]
away
[usenetquote2]> > > or nothing happens (no stamps in passports), I go home and wait for[/usenetquote2]
instruction
[usenetquote2]> > > of paying ROFL Fee; then after paying the fee, I get landing Papers in few[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > months, But then, when do I get visa stamp in the passport? OR do I have to go[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the Canadian Consulate again to get the Canadian[/usenetquote2]
visa.?
[usenetquote2]> > > How long is my landing permit valid? How long is the visa issued for?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Also they have asked me to get the (I reside in US) FBI clearance for the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > interview, but I have already submitted my FBI clearance during initial[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > application time? What should I do?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Your help will be greatly appreciated,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thanks in advance Manish[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Jun 27th 2001, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice

Dear Mohite,Please see below:
I had my interview in NYC few months back, Please take:
1. all the orignal Educational documents with you
2. Your and your Spouse Passports,
3. Bank statements for last 6 months( They asked me only recent Bank statementto show).
4. Proof of any job search if you have done for your job in Canada, Copy of any recieved Email will do, if you do not have any no problem.
5. you have to povide FBI Clearence if it is not recieved from FBI till your Interview date you can send them later no problem.

6. They will ask you about your current /past job duties and skiils, if you have your Appointment letter keep the copy with you.
7. Take all the Orignal EXP letters with you.
Mostly they will ask you question like what job you have been doing in US, so speak the TRUTH
8 They will ask you how much money you will take to Canada from US, and They will give you a form to be signed.
8. They will ask you to check your application you submitted earlier, if you want to change any information you can correct it before Visa officer and you have so Sign on application before Visa officer.
9 If you have submitted MEDICALS and they have the report and FBI clearence with them and ROLF paid, They will let you know when you will recieve your LANDING PAPERS.

10. If you have not paid ROLF they will tel you to pay it before Landing Papers are issued, But IF your Medical report is OK and you have paid ROLF and FBI clearence submitted and you pass your interview in NYC they will Mail your Landing papers to you in 1- 2 weeks time(it happend with one of my friend , he recieved Landing papers after 1 week)
11. If you have been again asked for FBI clearence then do it again. Also remind them for that when you go for interview that you submitted your FBI clearence earlier(they might have misplaced) But you have enough time and you can get your FBI clearence comleated before your Interview date and take that FBI clearence with you at the time of Interview and submit it.
You will be told by the Visa officer that you have passed the interview, you are free to ask them any question and they reply, NYC Immigrant officers are very nice.

Reach 1 hour before your Interview time. Show your Interview Paper to the person at gate and he will give you a token NO, then wait in the hall and your name and token no will be announced to go to particular Window No.it will take about 25-30 minute for interview.

Regarding the VISA STAMP, you wont have any VISA stamp in your passport, your Landing papers are your VIsa and they will be stapled to your passport when you Land in Canada by Border post or by Airport immigration office when they veryfy the information in the computers.

I might have got my Landing papers till date, but my wife has some fingerprinting problem from FBI, her finger prints can not be classyfied by FBI due to poor finger prints and FBI has explained it, so I send the FBI letter to NYC long back, but till today I did not recieve any reply from them, just waiting and waiting!!!!and still do not know now what they will ask for as FBi can not classyfy her fingerprints.
All the best for interview!!!
Manish

Old Jun 27th 2001, 3:18 pm
Manish

Thanks Andrew and Manish, your answers were very helpful. One thing thou, Both of you
have been talking about Medical checkup just before or after the interview, But I
have the documents for Medical checkup from a long time may be 6 months or so old.

I havn't done the Medical checkup yet, because i want more time on my visa. How late
can i do medical checkup?

Also, Andrew, Apart from all the good work, Do you provide personal immigration
services for applicants?

Thanks again, Manish

Old Jun 27th 2001, 4:42 pm
Andrew Miller

Something is not right here. In your original post you wrote that you have the
interview scheduled for October 1st and now you are writing that you have medical
forms for about 6 months already?!!!

Were did you get those forms from? What the letter requesting medicals says about the
time frame for them? Nobody should send you forms with request for medicals 10 months
ahead of the scheduled interview, as medicals are only valid for 12 months.

Did you get interview for October postponed from an earlier date? If yes then it
would explain this.

And yes, my Firm provides professional assistance in obtaining Canadian immigration
visas, if this is what you are asking for.

--

../..

sending an email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 27th 2001, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Manish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really niceManish is just really nice

Dear Andrew, First of all let me clear we have 2 person with same name Manish in this news-group( I am the one who compleated the Interview and medical but still wating for Spouse FBI finger printing problem, still no news from NYC)

I recieved the Medical papers 9 months before my Interview date from Buffalo, they sent me the Medical papers earlier and I was Advised by Buffalo RPC that my Interview will be conducted at NYC consulate and my file has been sent to NYC(I never requested for it) and I should not go for the Medicals till I recieve the Interview date notice. When I recieved the interview notice from NYC, I checked my Medical papers sent by Buffalo long back and found that on medical forms it had my old address, so I wrote to NYC consulate regarding this, and NYC consulate sent me New medical forms with my current mailing address.
I hope the other person might also have recieved Medical papers from Buffalo like me .
Regards

Old Jun 28th 2001, 9:16 am
Manish

That's right Andrew, This is the other Manish, one who initially posted this
question. And yes I have gotten the medical forms 6-7 months before the interview.

Also Andrew, what is the URL (http address) for your firm? Phone Number and rate
information etc....

Thanks Manish