Amendment to a work permit

Old Jan 7th 2020, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

donnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Amendment to a work permit

Hi,

So I received my PGWP at the end of December which has been sent with the condition the condition that I do not work in childcare/health fields. Now I have had my medical done, and IRCC seem to think that my permit was processed before my medical had been linked. The problem is that I have been working in childcare since my PGWP application was submitted and have now had to stop. If I don't return soon, I will lose my job. So I am wondering how I get my permit amended as quick as possible?

Can I complete IMM 1436, send it in and label it urgent as I am at risk of losing my job? Or is it quicker to do it online?

I spoke to someone at IRCC and they said I had to reapply for my PGWP and it would take approx 100 days... but this didn't make sense since I already have the permit, I just need an amendment.

Thanks

Old Jan 7th 2020, 5:11 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amendment to a work permit

Originally Posted by donnadooverylittle
Hi,
HI

So I received my PGWP at the end of December which has been sent with the condition the condition that I do not work in childcare/health fields. Now I have had my medical done, and IRCC seem to think that my permit was processed before my medical had been linked. The problem is that I have been working in childcare since my PGWP application was submitted and have now had to stop. If I don't return soon, I will lose my job. So I am wondering how I get my permit amended as quick as possible?

Can I complete IMM 1436, send it in and label it urgent as I am at risk of losing my job? Or is it quicker to do it online?

I spoke to someone at IRCC and they said I had to reapply for my PGWP and it would take approx 100 days... but this didn't make sense since I already have the permit, I just need an amendment.

Thanks
1. Go to the nearest border crossing with your copy of the medical receipt.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

donnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond reputedonnadooverylittle has a reputation beyond repute

I've already been to the border. They noted that my medical is now linked and on file... but they don't amend permits anymore.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 6:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I've already been to the border. They noted that my medical is now linked and on file... but they don't amend permits anymore.
You were given the link to apply to change conditions in a previous thread, which tells you exactly what you need to do - conditions to PGWP

Not sure why you mention form IMM1436 as that’s not relevant - follow the instructions given in the link in the thread above and you’ll be sorted.

HTH.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

My apologies, I had completely forgotten that I had created that thread.

Is there no way of speeding up the process if I am at risk of losing my job?
Old Jan 7th 2020, 8:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

My apologies, I had completely forgotten that I had created that thread.

Is there no way of speeding up the process if I am at risk of losing my job?
Unfortunately not, CIC would have expected you to have your medical done before submitting your PGWP app if you wanted no conditions on it, afraid that if you're changing it at a later date it does take a little while. Not 100 days though so that's something, but it's usually about a month as a rough guide.

HTH.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

My medical was done Sept 18th and the application was submitted Sept 21st. I wasn't expecting my permit to come through til mid jan.

What I am thinking though is that I applied for my son's study extension and husbands work permit at the same time. If they have shorter processing times and were processed first then medical may not have linked up in time?

Old Jan 7th 2020, 9:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

My medical was done Sept 18th and the application was submitted Sept 21st. I wasn't expecting my permit to come through til mid jan.
OK, that's really odd. Did you definitely include a copy of the IMM 1017B with your application?

Your husband and your son's application have no bearing on your medical/PGWP.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

I didnt receive a copy of my medical and was told that I wouldn't. it was all done through emedical. When I submitted my application I provided them with a copy of the paperwork and my UMI number.

I know my medical is fine as I went to the border and asked. They said they could see it and that everything seemed fine and presumed that it didn't link up in time.

If I applied for all 3 of us together through my account, and the study or work permit was processed first, would they not process mine quicker so that they are all done together? Therefore my medical didnt link up in time? My permit was approved about 30 days earlier than I expected.
Old Jan 7th 2020, 10:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I didnt receive a copy of my medical and was told that I wouldn't. it was all done through emedical. When I submitted my application I provided them with a copy of the paperwork and my UMI number.
No, you wouldn't get a copy of your medical. But you have to provide proof of the medical when you submit your PGWP application, what exactly did you submit?

If I applied for all 3 of us together through my account, and the study or work permit was processed first, would they not process mine quicker so that they are all done together?
No, they're all separate applications. Your medical should have linked up as long as you provided the correct paperwork though.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 4:06 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If you took an upfront medical exam

You must include a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form that the doctor gave you after your exam. If the doctor works with eMedical, they’ll give you an information sheet print out.

You must attach that form to your paper application. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nts.html#after
Old Jan 8th 2020, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Ahhhhh, I provided the upfront medical sheet, but I didn't do the IMM 1017B form to go with it. I didn't realise that I need to and thought that the information sheet from the doctor - which has my UMI number on it - was all that was needed.

So, I am presuming I complete all the forms again and this time I include the IMM1017B with it?
Old Jan 8th 2020, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Ok, so I am really confused now. I couldn't seem to do the online application so I called IRCC to ask for help with starting the process. When I spoke to an officer I explained my issue, she clarified my details and put me on hold. She then came back to me and said that she could see that my medical was there and that the condition was a mistake by IRCC.

I was then put on hold again while she looked at how to resolve the issue. When she came back, she told me she had forwarded my case on to a different department and they would rectify the problem and send my new permit out. This would be done by them as it was a mistake on IRCC's behalf.

Have you heard of this happening before?
Old Jan 8th 2020, 9:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Ok, so I am really confused now. I couldn't seem to do the online application so I called IRCC to ask for help with starting the process. When I spoke to an officer I explained my issue, she clarified my details and put me on hold. She then came back to me and said that she could see that my medical was there and that the condition was a mistake by IRCC.

I was then put on hold again while she looked at how to resolve the issue. When she came back, she told me she had forwarded my case on to a different department and they would rectify the problem and send my new permit out. This would be done by them as it was a mistake on IRCC's behalf.

Have you heard of this happening before?
That sounds good to me. Depending on when you graduated, you may not be eligible to apply for a new PGWP anyway, so an amendment may be your only option (and would be far easier/cheaper too).
Old Jan 8th 2020, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

I'm glad that seems good, it gives me a little bit more comfort. With not submitting any paperwork, I feel like nothing is getting done... suppose I should relax a bit 🤣🤣

Thank you so much for your responses. You are all incredible!