Wikiposts

am i screwed ?

Old Dec 17th 2007, 7:27 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

lincoln_2_vancouver is on a distinguished road
Default am i screwed ?

I am in BC on the pnp program and i was working on a temporary work permit.
I quit the job for reasons i won't go into. My work permit says i cannot work for another employer , and i presume my provincial nomination will be cancelled .
Is there any possible way i can stay in Canada ? , i love it here .

Is my dream over .
Old Dec 17th 2007, 7:42 am
Just Joined

bonnielass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: am i screwed ?

I am in the same boat. I quit my job in September in BC (was on a TWP) for reasons that I won't go into either! I was offered another job back in April and the company was prepared to go through the immigration process from scratch for me. They are a big co familiar with all the processes and do this all the time. This involved getting a Labour Market Opinion from the BC HRSDC and I am still waiting but hopefully it will be through any day now - the current processing time is c30 weeks. In provinces like Ontario however it is only taking about a month. You could then apply for PR from Ontario and get it within 6 months and move back to BC then (that is my back up plan!). Stay positive - you did the right thing and if BC is your dream you can still make it happen
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lincoln_2_vancouver
I am in BC on the pnp program and i was working on a temporary work permit.
I quit the job for reasons i won't go into. My work permit says i cannot work for another employer , and i presume my provincial nomination will be cancelled .
Is there any possible way i can stay in Canada ? , i love it here .

Is my dream over .
Hi,

I don't think that your PNP will be cancelled as it is not directly linked to your job but instead supports the fact that you have a job. If you can get a new LMO for this new job then pop to the boarder and get a new TWP you should be fine. Just update BC PNP of this change. I sugest that for further info call your PNP advisor or seek Andrews advice. I am just going off logic here from what I know.

Good luck.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:40 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

thanks for the replies, appreciated .
Old Dec 18th 2007, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Have a read through this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=495837

and this one, and maybe PM poster #6 Tuppence, who experiened redundancy whilst on WPs.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482498
Old Dec 18th 2007, 11:31 am
Sloopy Lickinfanny

Thanks very much live to ski, very helpful .

one more question , is it possible to get an open work permit with pnp ?
Old Dec 18th 2007, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

I only know about BC with my experience.

My company nominated me (although I did all the paperwork), so my WP is tied to them, but Mr L2S got an open one under me.

The letter that BC PNP issued to me to get my WP said (paraphasing) that my "employer (named) wants me to continue working for them between my current WP expiring and getting PR, so please can I have another WP". This could either be taken to POE, or sent to Vegreville along with my job offer letter from my employer to get new WP.

Not sure, if under your circumstances they'll give you an open one.

If not, it might be a case of sitting tight, until PR comes through. I don't know if you'd have to reapply to BC PNP if you got another job offer.

Sorry can't be more help