Am I in luck?

Old Dec 1st 2001, 3:02 am
John

I got the following info from an immigration web site.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill C-11 once proclaimed, will not be retroactive. Once your application has been
submitted, it will not be adversely effected by the new changes in legislation.
Applications are assessed at the time they are submitted.

But, if the new Regulations improve your chances of successfully immigrating to
Canada, this will be taken into consideration by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Therefore, it is advantageous to submit your application as soon as possible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does it mean that if somebody is submitting a Humanitarian and Compassionate
application, they might look at the upcoming regulations presented in the C-11 Bill?
The case I am submitting is much stronger when the C-11 goes through. Am I in luck?

Thanks,

John

Old Dec 2nd 2001, 7:11 am
Sanjay

Hi All What does "application approved in principle" mean.Does it mean getting an
interview waiver and medical forms or does it mean that after the medicals have been
approved by Ottawa and background checks have been completed.After reading the posts
about new bill I am not sure how it works ? Also from what I understand the bill
would be applied in June 2002.So what about applications which have got an interview
waiver and completed medicals.Assuming that the medicals are ok and there is no
problem with background checks does it mean the person has been approved in principle
or no.I am just trying to understand how the process works and any responses would be
appreciated.

Thanks Sanjay

"Andrew Miller" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > I got the following info from an immigration web site.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Bill C-11 once proclaimed, will not be retroactive. Once your application has[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > been submitted, it will not be adversely effected by the new changes in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > legislation. Applications are assessed at the time they are submitted.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > But, if the new Regulations improve your chances of successfully immigrating to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Canada, this will be taken into consideration by Citizenship and Immigration[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Canada. Therefore, it is advantageous to submit your application as soon as[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > possible.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Does it mean that if somebody is submitting a Humanitarian and Compassionate[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > application, they might look at the upcoming regulations presented in the C-11[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Bill? The case I am submitting is much stronger when the C-11 goes through. Am I[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > in luck?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Thanks,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > John[/usenetquote2]

Old Dec 2nd 2001, 9:21 am
Andrew Miller

Approval in principle means that application has been approved on it's merits and
selection criteria have been met - the only tasks to be concluded are admissibility
checks (medical and background/security) that must come positive before visa can be
issued. Receipt of interview waiver doesn't mean that application has been already
approved in principle, although it is safe to assume in most cases that it will be.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

"Sanjay" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > What website did you get that info from? It sounds like it is not an[/usenetquote2]
official
[usenetquote2]> > CIC position, only an attempt of some immigration firm to cash in of the[/usenetquote2]
new
[usenetquote2]> > law scare.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > CIC made clear this time that they want to have all pending applications[/usenetquote2]
not
[usenetquote2]> > approved in principle at the time of new law implementation to be assessed under[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > that new law and only cases in which selection decision (approval in principle)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > has already been made will be concluded under old rules. It[/usenetquote2]
still
[usenetquote2]> > remains to be seen if CIC position will hold, but so far it is their[/usenetquote2]
official
[usenetquote2]> > position, so the owner of website you are quoting is spreading[/usenetquote2]
disinformation
[usenetquote2]> > for his own benefit.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > So, if you submit your application now and it will reach decision stage[/usenetquote2]
before
[usenetquote2]> > the implementation of new law then your case will be decided under old law.[/usenetquote2]
But
[usenetquote2]> > if new law is implemented before your case is decided upon then decision[/usenetquote2]
will
[usenetquote2]> > be based on the new law. Again, this is the official CIC position as of now[/usenetquote2]
and
[usenetquote2]> > we still have to wait and see what Regulations will say in respect to all[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > transitional provisions.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sending email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > I got the following info from an immigration web site.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > Bill C-11 once proclaimed, will not be retroactive. Once your[/usenetquote2]
application
[usenetquote2]> > > has been submitted, it will not be adversely effected by the new changes[/usenetquote2]
in
[usenetquote2]> > > legislation. Applications are assessed at the time they are submitted.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > But, if the new Regulations improve your chances of successfully[/usenetquote2]
immigrating
[usenetquote2]> > > to Canada, this will be taken into consideration by Citizenship and Immigration[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Canada. Therefore, it is advantageous to submit your application as soon as[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > possible.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > Does it mean that if somebody is submitting a Humanitarian and[/usenetquote2]
Compassionate
[usenetquote2]> > > application, they might look at the upcoming regulations presented in the C-11[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Bill? The case I am submitting is much stronger when the C-11 goes through. Am[/usenetquote2]
I
[usenetquote2]> > > in luck?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Thanks,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > John[/usenetquote2]
    >

Old Dec 3rd 2001, 1:45 pm
Berto Volpentesta

You should revisit the website as it may have a disclaimer or a = qualifier for the
retroactivity portion.

They will not consider the new act and regulations until they are = implemented.
Officer do not look forward to see if you fit (much as we = would like)

--=20 Good luck,

Berto Volpentesta, B.A. (Spec. Hons.), B.Ed. Member, OPIC Director, OPIC and
Education Committee Chairman

Sidhu & Volpentesta Inc. Serving people around the world since 1991

www.svcanada.com

>
    >
    >
-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
---
    >
application