Am I an idiot? Where to sign?

Old Aug 4th 2005, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough
Default Am I an idiot? Where to sign?

Hi I am just going through the CIC checklist and under the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada it says "check that it is completed and signed"

Can anyone explain where I am supposed to sign it? It is a 2 page form and I cannot see anywhere to sign it?

Appreciate a quick response as I am off to the Post Office this morning!!

Thanks

Kaz x
Old Aug 4th 2005, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

TheTonkins is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Am I an idiot? Where to sign?

Originally Posted by Kazphillips
Hi I am just going through the CIC checklist and under the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada it says "check that it is completed and signed"

Can anyone explain where I am supposed to sign it? It is a 2 page form and I cannot see anywhere to sign it?

Thanks

Kaz x
Very glad that you mentioned that Kazphillips... I was about to post the very same question! It definitely does say "check that is completed and signed" for the IMM 0008 form, on both CIC and CHC checklists... although the "Guide" taking you through each question doesn't mention it (presumably because there isn't a space to actually sign on the form!!).

I wondered if other folks had maybe just signed all of the forms along the top or somewhere similar anyway?? Did no one else worry about this before sending in their completed applications?

Carol
Old Aug 4th 2005, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

We remember thinking exactly the same thing! Unfortunately what we can't remember is what we did in the end, but I'd guess that we signed somewhere at the top or bottom of the form somewhere. Better to have too many signatures that not enough!! Sorry can't be more help.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:05 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheTonkins
I wondered if other folks had maybe just signed all of the forms along the top or somewhere similar anyway?? Did no one else worry about this before sending in their completed applications?
We both signed every sheet of every form and every sheet of every piece of paper enclosed (unless it was a document which needed notarising in which case we didn't bother).

Worked OK for us.

Good luck,

Rich.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

TheTonkins is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rich_007
We both signed every sheet of every form and every sheet of every piece of paper enclosed (unless it was a document which needed notarising in which case we didn't bother).

Worked OK for us.

Good luck,

Rich.
Thanks Rich_007, I was certainly considering just signing each form anyway, as you say... can't harm to sign too many times, but it might just matter if you miss a signature out!
Thanks for all responses...

Carol
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:34 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Complete IMM 0008 consist of 3 forms - Application for Permanent Residence, Schedule 1 and Schedule 3 (if federal skilled worker). Place for signature is on the last page of Schedule 1

Thanks

Kaz x
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Scoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the roughScoobsta is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Complete IMM 0008 consist of 3 forms - Application for Permanent Residence, Schedule 1 and Schedule 3 (if federal skilled worker). Place for signature is on the last page of Schedule 1
Sir Miller is the man!!
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

That makes an awful lot of sense!! I think I was just panicking a bit as I did my last checks.

Thanks Andrew

Kaz

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:44 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

That makes an awful lot of sense!! I think I was just panicking a bit as I did my last checks.

Thanks Andrew

Kaz
Had the same panic attack a year ago. It just seemed awfully few signatures for such a big and important package. In the end we initialed every page just to be sure
Old Aug 4th 2005, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Suzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant future

I remember that there was a form which didn't ask for a signature. I just signed and dated it at the bottom of the last page - I'd heard about some people who'd had their applications returned cos they hadn't signed everything :scared:

Suze

Thanks

Kaz x