Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Am I eligible for Canada skilled worker processing

Am I eligible for Canada skilled worker processing

Old Jun 26th 2011, 4:25 am
Just Joined

TTony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am I eligible for Canada skilled worker processing

Hi,
I am having some doubts while applying for canaddian Skilled Worker. I request your expert help in understanding it.
1) I am a Mechanical Engineer with 3 years experience in Automotive Industry as Quality Engineer.
Last 4 years I work as SAP Quality Management consultant in IT (Information Technology) field. Can I apply for Canadian Skilled Worker Program. But my IT experience is utilizing my knowledge from mechanical Engineering and Mechanical job i did in my initial career.
Whether I will be rejected as as my Degree (Mechanical) and Work (IT)is in different fields, Please tell me which code, I should use while applying for PR.

Incase, if am not eligible for Candaian Skilled Worker program, can I do through Quebec program for skilled workers
Please guide
Thanks
Tony
Old Jun 26th 2011, 7:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I eligible for Canada skilled worker processing

Nobody can tell you, as we don't know what NOC code your current or previous jobs fall under - only you know what duties you do or have done! So you need to research for yourself, it's very easy to tell if you qualify or not via the CIC website.

See if you have experience in a job on the list of 29 eligible occupations, if you have enough points etc, and the you can figure it out yourself.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

tony take the test

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...sess/index.asp

good luck!
Old Jul 6th 2011, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Nobody can tell you, as we don't know what NOC code your current or previous jobs fall under - only you know what duties you do or have done! So you need to research for yourself, it's very easy to tell if you qualify or not via the CIC website.

See if you have experience in a job on the list of 29 eligible occupations, if you have enough points etc, and the you can figure it out yourself.
Hi,
My ANZCODE matching my profile is 261111- ICT business Analyst and the roles and responsibilities are pretty similar.

Could someone help me, whether I will get a possitive assessment from ACS.
2003- Graduation Completed- Mechanical Engineer
2004 to 2007- Quality Engineer in Automotive manufacturing industry
2007 to 2011- SAP Consultant (In this Information Technology job, I uses the knowledge gained as a Quality Engineer)

1)How much experience is needed as minimum in my last job (SAP) when I, process with RPL?
2) In this case, whether RPL is mandatory for me?
Note: My jobs in both sectors are inter-related as, I am using my manufacturing industry experience, while I do a new design for any other industries.

Thanks
Tony
Old Jul 6th 2011, 12:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TTony
Hi,
My ANZCODE matching my profile is 261111- ICT business Analyst and the roles and responsibilities are pretty similar.
What's an ANZCODE? And what's RPL?

Are you sure you're in the right forum, did you want the Aussie one maybe?
Old Jul 6th 2011, 1:03 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
What's an ANZCODE? And what's RPL?

Are you sure you're in the right forum, did you want the Aussie one maybe?
That could be a first - using another country's criteria - one way to confuse immigration lol.

(edit to add I also have no idea what the codes are or to what country they relate to either)
Old Jul 6th 2011, 1:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
That could be a first - using another country's criteria - one way to confuse immigration lol.

(edit to add I also have no idea what the codes are or to what country they relate to either)
Seems that he's asked the same thing in the Aussie forum, so I wonder if he's just got confused and wandered in here by mistake?

OP - if you do want advice on Canadian immigration then you'll need to use Canadian terms rather than Aussie ones (i.e. NOC code rather than ANZCODE etc). But as said before, you can easily check and see if you are eligible yourself on the CIC website.

Old Jul 6th 2011, 1:11 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose thats the first way CIC weed out anyone they don't want - if you can't understand the criteria then you've fallen at the first hurdle.

<wanders off to read up on anything else I need to know and not ask anymore dumb questions!>
Old Jul 6th 2011, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Sorry to all. I posted the code details by mistake in Canadian forum instead of Australian forum. kindly ignore..
Tony
Old Jul 6th 2011, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Did you not realize when typing out the title? I think you will do fine in the land of Oz