Wikiposts

Almost ready to roll

Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of
Default Almost ready to roll

Hello all! This is my first post having only discovered these forums today! There seems to be a wealth of information here, and many helpful posts for those of us who are applying for PR status in Canada.

A little info about us, since we are bound to be asking much on here!

The love of my life and I are 30, the kids are 6, 4 and 2. I currently work for the Church of England in Lancaster as a Director of Music & Worship, and have just accepted a position as Pastor of Worship & Creative Arts at a church in Edmonton. So the fun begins here

My wife and I visited Edmonton last month to get a feel for the place, and accepted the position when it was offered. Exciting times ahead

Having contacted the London office and discovered there is a 36 month queue, the old heart sank as the church want me there in December. So it looks like we are going to be applying for PR, then going in on a temporary permit.

I am still in the process of gathering all the documentation we need. I never thought I would need old employment contracts, so they were binned a long time ago...it is a good job personnel departments keep good records!

I think I have sorted out most things now, although I wonder if we are going about things the right way. Do you folks think it would be better to go into Canada on a temporary permit and apply from there, or is it definately best to apply here then move across on the temp. permit?

There appears to be an interesting exemption for clergy which means that I will be work permit exempt...I'm told just turn up at the airport with a few supporting documents and all will be ok. Sounds too good to be true.....

So all advice welcome and gratefully received!

I am currently waiting for contracts of employment from previous jobs, and letters from employers. We have applied for the Police certificates, and are waiting on a validation letter from the HRSCD.

So here we are....in for the long haul it seems.....
Old Oct 11th 2005, 5:11 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almost ready to roll

Originally Posted by rabrol
Hello all! This is my first post having only discovered these forums today! There seems to be a wealth of information here, and many helpful posts for those of us who are applying for PR status in Canada.

A little info about us, since we are bound to be asking much on here!

The love of my life and I are 30, the kids are 6, 4 and 2. I currently work for the Church of England in Lancaster as a Director of Music & Worship, and have just accepted a position as Pastor of Worship & Creative Arts at a church in Edmonton. So the fun begins here

My wife and I visited Edmonton last month to get a feel for the place, and accepted the position when it was offered. Exciting times ahead

Having contacted the London office and discovered there is a 36 month queue, the old heart sank as the church want me there in December. So it looks like we are going to be applying for PR, then going in on a temporary permit.

I am still in the process of gathering all the documentation we need. I never thought I would need old employment contracts, so they were binned a long time ago...it is a good job personnel departments keep good records!

I think I have sorted out most things now, although I wonder if we are going about things the right way. Do you folks think it would be better to go into Canada on a temporary permit and apply from there, or is it definately best to apply here then move across on the temp. permit?

There appears to be an interesting exemption for clergy which means that I will be work permit exempt...I'm told just turn up at the airport with a few supporting documents and all will be ok. Sounds too good to be true.....

So all advice welcome and gratefully received!

I am currently waiting for contracts of employment from previous jobs, and letters from employers. We have applied for the Police certificates, and are waiting on a validation letter from the HRSCD.

So here we are....in for the long haul it seems.....
good luck!!!!