Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

All ready to apply - final checks?

All ready to apply - final checks?

Old Aug 8th 2006, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Osteopath is on a distinguished road
Default All ready to apply - final checks?

I *think* that I have nearly everything in place to send off my SW application to London.

Canadian bank draft came today and my bank are going to let me print out my internet savings account balance on their headed paper and then stamp & sign it for me on Friday (9th).

However, one of my references (from Vancouver) has still not arrived and I am wondering what is best to do? They have been "getting around to it" for 7 weeks now and despite contacting them numerous times, nothing has turned up.

Judging by the CIC application package, all I need do is explain why there is no reference from them, but can I forward it on to CHC if/when it arrives at a later date?

And finally... any other pearls of wisdom before I post it? My main reason for asking is that I am sending before 1st September and I don't want to have them send it back to me and then go through the new/different process!
Old Aug 10th 2006, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Osteopath is on a distinguished road
Default Re: All ready to apply - final checks?

Originally Posted by Osteopath
I *think* that I have nearly everything in place to send off my SW application to London.

Canadian bank draft came today and my bank are going to let me print out my internet savings account balance on their headed paper and then stamp & sign it for me on Friday (9th).

However, one of my references (from Vancouver) has still not arrived and I am wondering what is best to do? They have been "getting around to it" for 7 weeks now and despite contacting them numerous times, nothing has turned up.

Judging by the CIC application package, all I need do is explain why there is no reference from them, but can I forward it on to CHC if/when it arrives at a later date?

And finally... any other pearls of wisdom before I post it? My main reason for asking is that I am sending before 1st September and I don't want to have them send it back to me and then go through the new/different process!
I finally received an email reply that my reference should be on its way next week... and would I like to consider a return under a work permit again?

Maybe it was worth waiting for after all!
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All ready to apply - final checks?

Originally Posted by Osteopath
I finally received an email reply that my reference should be on its way next week... and would I like to consider a return under a work permit again?

Maybe it was worth waiting for after all!
I never used to believe the old 'good things come to he who waits' line, but there you go they do.
Go for it
Stuarty