All new! And so it begins.

Old May 20th 2020, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

kimberleylver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default All new! And so it begins.

Hi,
we’re all totally new to this. Looking for some help and advice.

myself, husband and 5 children want to start the emigration process, we want to set up our new home in Okotoks.

im a qualified nursery nursery of 19 years and my husband is a qualified metal spinner of 16 years but in now mostly focused on the procurement side of things.

any advice on how we get the ball rolling would be very much appreciated.
Old May 20th 2020, 3:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All new! And so it begins.

Originally Posted by kimberleylver
Hi,

myself, husband and 5 children want to start the emigration process, we want to set up our new home in Okotoks.

im a qualified nursery nursery of 19 years and my husband is a qualified metal spinner of 16 years but in now mostly focused on the procurement side of things.

Hi, and welcome to BE.

When you say get the ball rolling, in what way do you mean? Have you already got a visa and you're looking for info on the move i.e. where to find a house, how to get medical cover or driving licences etc? Or are you starting at the very beginning and need to work out if you're eligible for a visa?

If you can be a bit more specific about the help/advice you need, somebody will be very happy to try and help.

Old May 20th 2020, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Literally the very beginning.

Old May 20th 2020, 3:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Literally the very beginning.
Well, as Julie Andrews said, it's a very good place to start!

OK, so visa first then. The eligibility test on the CIC website will tell you what options you have - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...nada-tool.html Take that (for both of you) and let us know what it says, and we'll help you figure out the next step. If it asks you about English exam results, say you've taken one, and you can assume max points for now as a native English speaker. It's only to give you an idea of eligibility.

How old are your children?
Old May 20th 2020, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Ok, I will get onto that ASAP.

oldest 16
14, 13, 9 and 3.

Old May 20th 2020, 3:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Ok, I will get onto that ASAP.

oldest 16
14, 13, 9 and 3.
OK fab, so you've got plenty of time before they would be too old to go with you, so no worries there.

Let us know when you've taken the above test, if it says you're not eligible it's often something simple so we can help you figure that out, if it says you are eligible then there are a couple of points tests to then do, but do the above first and we'll help you work it out.
Old May 20th 2020, 9:35 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

im a qualified nursery nurse of 19 years and my husband is a qualified metal spinner of 16 years but in now mostly focused on the procurement side of things.

Do bear in mind that you may need to apply for Provincial Certification as an Early Learning Childhood Educator - it's a regulated profession.. or do you mean you work as a nanny or child minder?
https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketrepo...ements/5196/BC
https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketrepo...ments/24784/BC