Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is all of this necessary? (NSNP question)

Wikiposts

Is all of this necessary? (NSNP question)

Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:34 pm
Love it

chinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nice
Unhappy Is all of this necessary? (NSNP question)

Hi,

We are applying under the NSNP, which has to be handled by an authorised immigration consultant. We've got what we thought was everything together and sent it to our consultant. Now he wants much more such as:

Bank statements to prove wages from my previous job, for at least 3 months, were actually paid to me! He's got signed references and my employment contract but says that isnt enough.

We are also way over the C$300k minimum net worth but on the estate agent evaluation of our home the agent sent it to our home address but said in the letter, we value your home at £xxx,xxx. The consultant says that is not good enough because it doesn't say the value of your home at and then restate the address. He says we could have had a valuation on someone elses house and then asked them to post the valuation to our home instead!

Is all of this normal or is this over the top?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Azam Ali will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is all of this necessary? (NSNP question)

Originally Posted by chinnybloke
Hi,

We are applying under the NSNP, which has to be handled by an authorised immigration consultant. We've got what we thought was everything together and sent it to our consultant. Now he wants much more such as:

Bank statements to prove wages from my previous job, for at least 3 months, were actually paid to me! He's got signed references and my employment contract but says that isnt enough.

We are also way over the C$300k minimum net worth but on the estate agent evaluation of our home the agent sent it to our home address but said in the letter, we value your home at £xxx,xxx. The consultant says that is not good enough because it doesn't say the value of your home at and then restate the address. He says we could have had a valuation on someone elses house and then asked them to post the valuation to our home instead!

Is all of this normal or is this over the top?

Lets put it this way!
It might not be nnecessarybut he is trying to make a flawless case for you to such as extent that the officer has no room to ask for more information and delay your matter.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I agree: it sounds like they're just doing the job you hired them for, to ensure that there aren't any holes in the application.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:10 pm
Love it

chinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nicechinnybloke is just really nice

That is fine if things like this can be picked up and delay an application. All I want is for this to go smoothly. I'm just impatient to get the application finally off I suppose and I thought we had done everything that was required.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

triniangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chinnybloke
That is fine if things like this can be picked up and delay an application. All I want is for this to go smoothly. I'm just impatient to get the application finally off I suppose and I thought we had done everything that was required.
Every stage of this process will tax your patience so be prepared. it is better to be safe than sorry coz if you are asked for clearer documentation later you will lose more time than you are losing now. A well prepared application is valuable. My lawyer prepared mine well and I am way ahead of many of my friends who applied before..Look at my timeline. So co operate my friend ..good luck
Old Jul 20th 2005, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I think you basically need to remember that you're trying to prove yourself to an immigration officer who doesn't know you and has probably seen people try every trick in the book to get a visa illegally . So you don't want to give them any reason to think you're doing the same.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 7:32 am
Nova Scotian

BH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant futureBH PNP has a brilliant future

Chinny

Like I said before. They want to know the ins and outs of everything and it is best to prepare for every eventuality and potential question/ query imaginable.

I demonstrated net worth predominately from the same source as you (house evaluation for sale) and as we moved forward in the process I sold and gave precise proof from the sale.

You wouldn't believe the amount of stuff I sent my lawyer. But deep breath These things are sent to try us. It does get easier!!