Is all lost in bureaucracy ?

Old Mar 27th 2007, 3:55 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 21
Rick & Jo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is all lost in bureaucracy ?

Hi to all, my family of 6 landed in Calgary on Dec 02 2005 to begin our new life we arrived here on tempory work visas for me and my wife and 4 study permits for the children. when we landed we already had our PR file ready to send into London when we were ready to do so.

We sent our PR file in October 2006 by FEDEX and we tracked it and it was signed for 3 days later, we thought because we have jobs and the kids are settled in school it would be fast-tracked and we would get our AOR number, Medical requests etc in the near future. It is now 26 March 2007 and only now is my Immigration lawyer getting concerned I rang him and informed him that the bank draft still has not been cashed, he informed me that cashing of the bank draft is one of the first things they do!!!!!!!!

My questions are these...

Has this happened to anyone else, if so what was the outcome if any?

Should I have to start again with the Tempory work visa extension process?

Do I have to get the LMO done again ? (I am a machinist for ref..)

Could it be CHC in London have lost my file if so what do I do?

Is there any redress I can follow up or complaints procedure etc?

Or is this due to the icreasing length of time CHC are taking processing people?

The problem I have with this is that why should I be out of pocket if I have to get work & study visas again to cover myself for when the people at CHC do open my file. When it is due to bureocratic incompetence no one has started on my file for 5 months.

I would like to thank you in advance for any help


Rick & Jo
Rick & Jo is offline  
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:10 am
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is all lost in bureaucracy ?

CHC London, like every other visa post have huge backlog of files with even bigger number of new cases being submitted daily thanks to misrepresentation by CIC and/or misunderstanding by applicants what simplified application process really is.

I don't know what was included in your application, if it had all what is required for arranged employment (in your case proof of working in Canada, copy of work permit and loffer from employer to convert your current temporary employment into permanent one on indeterminate basis after you become a PR) and how your representative presented it all and what asked for.

So, don't blame CHC yet, as it may be not their fault. And of course you need to extend work and study permits for as long as you are not a PR. Having PR application in process doesn't waive requirement to keep your status and permits valid.
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:51 am
  #3  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 15
adeelabbas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is all lost in bureaucracy ?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
CHC London, like every other visa post have huge backlog of files with even bigger number of new cases being submitted daily thanks to misrepresentation by CIC and/or misunderstanding by applicants what simplified application process really is.

1. Is there any way to find out number of backlog cases various CHCs.

2. How one can find out which specific application number is in process at CHC.
adeelabbas is offline  
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:16 am
  #4  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is all lost in bureaucracy ?

Originally Posted by adeelabbas
1. Is there any way to find out number of backlog cases various CHCs.
Nope.

Originally Posted by adeelabbas
2. How one can find out which specific application number is in process at CHC.
You are confusing Canadian PR applications processing with US system. Applications are processed in the order they are received - it means files are created, file numbers issued and cases assigned to processing officers at the order they were received. After that it is all processed at individual speed as each case is different.

You need to understand that from the time file is created until the assessment stage nothing happens with the case, there is no processing of anything. Once case reaches it's assessment stage it is assessed, background check is initiated and officer makes initial assessment decision - it is a single step taking anywhere from 5 to 30 or so minutes per case. Initial assessment (IA) letter is generated at that time and then mailed to you within about 30 days from initial assessment.

Later officer looks at the case only when requested documents or results of checks arrive or if Bring Forward date comes first.

Nobody sits on the case and keeps it open on the screen or on the desk all the time.

Thus your question is completely irrelevant.
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:14 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 152
Karen1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Is all lost in bureaucracy ?

Hi Andrew

Do you know whether Initial Assessment is undertaken before 90 day letter is sent?

Our AOR is 20 August 2004 (skilled worker aplication); we received a delay letter in Feb 2006 foloowed by a 90 day letter dated 15 January 2007. This letter requested updated schedule 1 forms, new police checks, photos for our 20 year old son, and the RPRF. Sent all requested information together with additional updated documents end February 2007 along with the banker's draft for the RPRF. Last Friday we received our banker's draft back as we had sent too much money - apparently, as our elder son was 21 when we applied and therefore, a dependant, we do not need to pay the RPRF for him (which is nice). Have now ordered new banker's draft which should arrive any day and will forward immediately to CHC.

However, have still not been asked to undertake medicals and have had no correspondence regarding the Initial Assessment.

We have tried to find some logic into what happens at CHC by following the threads, however, some applicants are asked to undergo medicals but not pay the RPRF, whilst others pay the RPRF but don't get asked to undergo the medical. This makes it very difficult to follow the application - know whether intial assessment has taken place.

Your thoughts or indeed anyone's thoughts would be very much appreciated.

We are trying to stay patient but because individual immigration officers ask for different things at different times it can become frustrating.

Waiting for the light at the end of the very long tunnel.

Kind regards

Karen
Karen1 is offline  
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:15 pm
  #6  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is all lost in bureaucracy ?

CHC London sends IA letter with medical forms after all tasks are completed or assumed to be nearly completed - seems your case still waits for background check results before interview decision and medical forms are sent to you.

And yes, London sends "80days" letters with request for additional evidence after initial assessment is done - how do you think they would know what to ask for if they haven't been done IA?
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:46 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 80
DaviesHN is a glorious beacon of lightDaviesHN is a glorious beacon of lightDaviesHN is a glorious beacon of lightDaviesHN is a glorious beacon of lightDaviesHN is a glorious beacon of lightDaviesHN is a glorious beacon of lightDaviesHN is a glorious beacon of lightDaviesHN is a glorious beacon of lightDaviesHN is a glorious beacon of lightDaviesHN is a glorious beacon of lightDaviesHN is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is all lost in bureaucracy ?

Originally Posted by Rick & Jo
Hi to all, my family of 6 landed in Calgary on Dec 02 2005 to begin our new life we arrived here on tempory work visas for me and my wife and 4 study permits for the children. when we landed we already had our PR file ready to send into London when we were ready to do so.

We sent our PR file in October 2006 by FEDEX and we tracked it and it was signed for 3 days later, we thought because we have jobs and the kids are settled in school it would be fast-tracked and we would get our AOR number, Medical requests etc in the near future. It is now 26 March 2007 and only now is my Immigration lawyer getting concerned I rang him and informed him that the bank draft still has not been cashed, he informed me that cashing of the bank draft is one of the first things they do!!!!!!!!

My questions are these...

Has this happened to anyone else, if so what was the outcome if any?

Should I have to start again with the Tempory work visa extension process?

Do I have to get the LMO done again ? (I am a machinist for ref..)

Could it be CHC in London have lost my file if so what do I do?

Is there any redress I can follow up or complaints procedure etc?

Or is this due to the icreasing length of time CHC are taking processing people?

The problem I have with this is that why should I be out of pocket if I have to get work & study visas again to cover myself for when the people at CHC do open my file. When it is due to bureocratic incompetence no one has started on my file for 5 months.

I would like to thank you in advance for any help


Rick & Jo
I totally understand where you're coming from, we moved on a work permit with 3 older kids & were completely stitched up by CHC London.

We expected processing in a year as it was a permanent job (Is yours?). We got a FileNo (did you?), never appeared on e-client & no amount of faxes could get a reply. After waiting the year we got our CAIPS file, watched the BFDate pass.
Then someone suggested we went to our Canadian MP to check the status. Medicals arrived about a week after this.

Not only had we been caught out by the change in immigration system in Jan2002 and had to re-apply but they had given us the same file number which had a status of 'retired'.

Alarm bells ring with the uncashed bank draft (don't they expire after a time?). At least you can email these days, if your lawyer isn't doing this do it yourself. Or find your MP, if they think you have a case to answer CHC have to reply to them in a week.

We got pretty stressed being in limbo in Canada for such a long time. And they win again as citizenship is so far away my son will be an adult!
Good luck
Helen
DaviesHN is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.